cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

wifi issues

i have lived in my home with all the same services for over a year now. I had an iPhone x before October 2019. i now have iPhone 11. so even before this switch of phones this issue has been going on. so I live in an area where cell service isn't good and we have always had to rely on the wifi. just a little over a month ago we upgraded our wifi speed in the house thinking this may be the issue. still having issues. so im currently using LTE not wifi for 2 days now. if im connected to the wifi nothing works. no safari. no email. no texts. before this we when we leave the house and come home our phones would auto connect to the wifi. phone would stop working. so we would turn on airplane mode and off. that used to help my phone. not anymore. we would even have to do that and also turn our phones off and back on. again that used to work. this issue with the wifi working on my phone is just getting worse. my husband has the same issue but not as bad. he would leave and come home and all he has to do is turn the airplane mode on and off and hes connected to the wifi and all works for him. not me. its like my phone is working in reverse. can someone please help me since sprint customer service just says there has been an outage but for 3-4 months straight and my husband doesn't have the issue as bad as me. 

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: wifi issues

and today there is an ios update but I cant do this because my phone doesn't work on wifi anymore. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

also the wifi connectivity in the house is just fine. my laptop is connected right now and is working perfect! all of my devices besides my phone is working perfect with the wifi. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi there katbuch87 ! I know a working phone is very important. I want to help you with this. First, I'd like to let you know that the Sprint network should interfere with the Wi-Fi connection. Usually, when your phone is connected to your home or any other Wi-Fi network, it will not connect to any type of wireless carrier network. 

Are you able to connect other devices to your Wi-Fi, such as computers and tablets? Are you able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks? Have you tried to reset the Wi-Fi router? Also, have you tried hitting ''forget'' that Wi-Fi network and try to connect again?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

All of my other devices (laptop, printer, an iPad, tv, etc) work perfectly on the WiFi. It’s just for the past 3-4 months this issue has been getting worse for me. Not for my husband who lives in the same house and also had the iPhone X and now has the iPhone 11. He has the same issue but not as bad as mine. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Got it! Are you able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks with no problem? Also, if you haven't tried it, ''forget'' Wi-Fi network and try to connect once again. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tried the “forget this network” still not working. I have in the past 3-4 months. Like at the mall. It never worked. There is a WiFi Xfinity around here. Let me try to see if that one works. I will reply with the results from that 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Please let me know how it goes. If it does not work, we may try something else.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok so I was able to connect to it a different WiFi. Everything worked. After that I decided to switch back to the home WiFi. Connected and now everything is working. Hopefully next time when I leave my home and come back I don’t have to go through all of this again. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Great! If it happens again, let us know. You can also try these steps as a work around:

Go to settings> General> Reset> Reset all settings. Tap OK to confirm. The device will restart.

The Wi-Fi passwords saved will be deleted, just try to connect to them one more time.

By the way: Reset All Settings, all settings including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, the Home screen layout, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok so I disconnected for the WiFi and connected again. It shows I’m connected but now it’s not working again! Everything in my house is working fine on this WiFi. I even tried the “forget this network” again. Still not working. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

katbuch87

Did you try the steps previously sent? 

Go to settings> General> Reset> Reset all settings. Tap OK to confirm. The device will restart. Try to connect one more time. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat