Highlighted
Wizard

11/12 - Nexus 5 Software Update - LRX21O

Nexus 5 Software Update -  LRX21O

Enhancements/Fixes

• Upgrade to the new Android L Release. 

Important Notes

- Software version is LRX21O

- This update will be rolled out to devices in batches.

- Refer to the Nexus 5 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

50 REPLIES 50
Journeyman

Re: 11/12 - Nexus 5 Software Update - LRX21O

I hope I'm included in the first batch. And I hope it comes tonight

Master

Tru_Soldier,

Thanks for the post. Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with. Good luck with the update!

- David
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Do you have any idea when the actual update will start rolling out in EST?

Master

Tru_Soldier,

I understand your concern. To prevent any miscommunication, there is currently no estimated time of availability. That information is released on the device forum within Community, usually as a sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there a change log available for this update? Mostly I would like to know if the tri-band issue with Nexus 5 devices in Spark LTE areas was fixed. Here is a thread that touched on the subject:

Re: No LTE Connection for Nexus 5 Suddenly Started

It would be nice to have constant LTE where I am supposed to with my phone

Journeyman

I have a quick question about how newer Nexus updates work on Sprint. When I used a Galaxy Nexus on Sprint years ago, updates were always late because Sprint had to approve them first.

In the case of the Nexus 5, (which I don't own) is Sprint the one rolling out the update, or do the updates roll out *directly* from Google since the Nexus 5?

I ask because I'm looking at purchasing the Nexus 6 *from* Sprint on Friday, upon release, to be used on the Sprint Network. However, I am only interested in doing so if I receive updates directly from Google, at *exactly* the same time as GSM users receive theirs. In the same vein, I'd like to be able to factory reset my phone, if needed, using the same factory image that Google posts for Nexus owners. I also like having the choice of using those factory images to update my phone if I don't want to wait for a slow OTA rollout. Will these capabilities apply to my device if I buy the Sprint "variant" you'll be selling? Two years later, if I wanted to use this device with a prepaid SIM on a GSM network, would it be able to do that? Are the radio capabilities in the Sprint version the same as the Play Store version sold by Google/Motorola, or is it permanently locked to CDMA network technology?

So, in summary, can you basically explain to me the differences--if any--between the Google Play purchased edition and the Sprint purchased version, in regards to OTA updates and network transferability?

I'm fine with buying the device from Sprint and using it on the network for the time I'm contractually obligated, and possibly beyond that amount of time, if my device experience is pleasant while using it on the Sprint network; but, I just want to know what options I have beyond that point, should I want to do something with the handset elsewhere. And just as important, I want to make sure that the OTA updating procedures have changed to where I'm receiving them straight from Google, as soon as Google starts rolling them out.

I hope my question is clear. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Thank you in advance for your response. I really appreciate your time.

Journeyman

If you don't get the answer you are looking for here I suggest learning to use reddit.com, more specifically in the case of your question. I know the Nexus 5 does all the things you asked about but unsure if they made the nexus 6 cdma/gsm dual. If you root your phone you can put the factory image on no problem.

www.reddit.com/r/nexus6

Master

NONGPAUCO1,

You can stay up to date with the latest news on devices and network coverage at http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing Sprint.

Richard
Sprint Social Care
Master

Nicholas.M - As for now, we do not have any information about if the updates will go straight to the Nexus 5 and 6 from Google. To stay updated with our latest updates please visit www.sprint.com/newsroom . - Luchev
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wow, if that was a quick question, i'd hate to see what a long one is

Master

CRYSTALBALL_3353 - Thank you for posting. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. - Luchev
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat