cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/12 - Nexus 5 Software Update - LRX21O

Journeyman

Re: 11/12 - Nexus 5 Software Update - LRX21O

Clicking Update Profile or PRN does nothing. The signal icon shows about half, but it has an exclamation mark on it. It identifies as Sprint.

Download an app called SignalCheck Lite from the play store. At the top it will tell you the status of your data connection. It will most likely say "unregistered" which is what the ! on the signal icon means. This means your phone isn't authorized for LTE data. Doing an update profile should reset that. If it doesn't, reboot the phone and try again. It took me a couple tries to get it to work.

Journeyman

I fixed it by going to *#*#3282#*#* and setting the LTE band priorities.

Master

jonpearsall - That's good to hear, we apologize for that issue.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Master

jonpearsall:

I suggest making sure the device is set to CDMA under network settings prior to performing any troubleshooting steps. Next, turn wifi off. Once it is changed to that, dial ##72786#. If you cannot make a phone call after that, please let us know.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

hello,

how do I know when is my phone is updated to lollipop?

Journeyman

It won't just update. You'll get a notification to download and install it. It took 2 weeks for me to get the notification on the last update that they sent out. So be patient.

Journeyman

I kind of feel like I was lied to. The reason I went from Samsung to Nexus is because a sprint representative told me the Nexus device gets the first Android updates. I still haven't received the update. I heard that some Motorola devices got the update. So far I'm disappointed.

Google started sending out the update on the 12th. It can take up to 2 weeks for everyone to get the update as it goes out in waves. Any manufacturer can release the update as soon as it is available and Motorola was ready to do so a few days earlier since they don't make nearly as many modifications to Android like Samsung does. Google had delayed the release to fix a pretty big bug found at the last minute.

If you are impatient and can't wait, there are ways to do the update yourself without waiting for your turn to get it from Google.

Master

amallo - I apologize that you've had this experience thus far, with receiving the Android update in a timely manner. The best option, would be to go into your device settings and perform a Software Update, as well as an Update to the Data Profile. If you need any more assistance regarding this matter, please let me know.
- Kevin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have flashed my nexus 5 to lollipop update, but it is encountring problems with mobile data connections. When I turn on the data, it shows that it is connected but there is no downloading/uploading. Everything else is fine.

Please help me.

Journeyman

I have the upgrade but ever since I received the upgrade I've noticed issues with my device keeping LTE. I'm in Lincoln, NE which is supposed to be completely covered in LTE but I'll be in the middle of town and be on 3G. This wasn't happening when I first received my device. Also, my wife has the same phone only hers is not on 5.0 and her phone will be on LTE and mine will be on 3G or even 1x in some cases. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I've tried reactivating via *#*#72786#*#*, and updating the Profile and PRL. I'm on baseband version: M8974A-2.0.50.2.21

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!