Google Nexus 5 Software Update -  KOT49H

Enhancements/Fixes

- Fix for clearing the VM Indicator

- Fix for delivery of the VM Indicator

- Various additional software fixes

- Security enhancements

Important Notes

- Software version is KOT49H

- Refer to the Google Nexus 5 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

32 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 12/09 - Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KOT49H

So is it KRT49H or KOT49H? What version of Android is it - still 4.4.1?

Why is this different from the OTA that Google has sent out (KOT49E)? Is this a build specifically with Sprint's fixes?

Wizard

The KOT49E was found to have an issue, hence it was pulled out and the latest version KOT49H is being rolled out.

Journeyman

Since there's no difference in software and hardware revisions of Sprint and non-Sprint Nexus 5s, are you saying that all Nexus 5s are set to receive this update, as 4.4.2, or 4.4.1?

Journeyman

Voicemail notification still does not work on Nexus 5 after upgrading to 4.4.2. Any specific procedure to get it working?

Journeyman

Same as Gustavo, voicemail notification still not working. This is a BASIC FUNCTION. Who cares about the camera if something as simple as the voicemail notification doesn't even work properly. So tired of this bug.

Journeyman

Voicemail notification still isn't working after 4.4.2.

Journeyman

I have the 4.4.2 update installed as well, as of this morning, verified the voicemail indicator still doesn't work (not showing a new voicemail). Between this and the lame eCSFB crap that makes this phone incapabale of connecting to your LTE towers in the majority of the country, I'm starting to seriously dislike this phone. Get your shit together Sprint.

Wizard

g5gt007 wrote:

I have the 4.4.2 update installed as well, as of this morning, verified the voicemail indicator still doesn't work (not showing a new voicemail). Between this and the lame eCSFB **** that makes this phone incapabale of connecting to your LTE towers in the majority of the country, I'm starting to seriously dislike this phone. Get your **** together Sprint.

Go complain to Google instead of Sprint! Sprint doesn't create these updates.

Journeyman

Google may be the one that creates the update, but Sprint works with them to fix the issue. Sprint also sells the phone directly to their customers, and Sprint should verify the update works before posting that this fixes the issues.