cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/09 - Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KOT49H

Journeyman

Re: 12/09 - Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KOT49H

Sprint should release the voicemail app. Otherwise there is no "fix" for the brocken voicemail indicator. There is no voicemail indecator without an app

dfp123 wrote:

Sprint should release the voicemail app. Otherwise there is no "fix" for the brocken voicemail indicator. There is no voicemail indecator without an app

You don't need an app to have a voicemail indicator. It worked fine on the Galaxy Nexus without an app. It is something that is broken in 4.4.

Wizard

Infinity003 wrote:

Google may be the one that creates the update, but Sprint works with them to fix the issue. Sprint also sells the phone directly to their customers, and Sprint should verify the update works before posting that this fixes the issues.

Its a device issue, not a Sprint issue. Google is the one who handles the updates, Sprint doesn't do anything to the updates. That's the reason for the Nexus experience. If Sprint was working on the updates, do you think we would have gotten two builds in two weeks? It be months!

Infinity003 wrote:

Google may be the one that creates the update, but Sprint works with them to fix the issue. Sprint also sells the phone directly to their customers, and Sprint should verify the update works before posting that this fixes the issues.

Perfect example of how no matter what is done, not everyone will be happy. With the Galaxy Nexus there was complaint after complaint about how the updates were supposed to come directly from Google but with the Sprint version they didn't, Samsung created them and then Sprint tested them and as a result it took several months after Google released an update for Sprint users to get it. And now that the updates are coming directly from Google as they should with a Nexus device, there are still complaints. Had the updates on the Nexus 5 worked like they did on the Galaxy Nexus, it would probably be 2-3 more months before it would have got 4.4.2.

Journeyman

Guys, what are you talking about? I signed up for this forum just to reply to this thread (as well as figure out what's up with my N5 and Airave). Sprint "teamed up with Google" to integrate our voicemail with Google Voice. Yea, the same Voice that is supposedly replaced by Hangouts. Sprint users are supposed to use this on the N5 to have a visual voicemail app which is vastly superior to any of the other carrier's. I got it the first day I had my N5. Play store -> Google Voice -> Set it up on phone -> Log into it on a computer and fine tune your settings. BOOM, instant call screening, forwarding, voicemail transcription, optional text and email notifications, customizable caller ID and answering traits on a per user basis, Google+ Circle integration, etc. The hardest thing I found was making it so I only got ONE notification per voicemail, because it defaults by sending you a notification from the Voice app, an email, and a text. From the computer, just turn off email and text notifications, and optionally call screening. You will have perfect little notifications every time you get a voicemail just like any other smart phone...

Screenshot_2013-12-11-18-00-59.pngScreenshot_2013-12-11-18-01-11.png

Journeyman

Today I connected my 32 GB nexus 5 & have version 4.4.2, seems to have skipped over 4.1. There's a A nice trick I pulled on a spring store to connect my 32 GB N5, seems to me that they really don't like the idea of a none spring phone being insured so they make it difficult to connect.

Journeyman

Enable G.voice to red Irene your voicemail... Seems like the only solution for now. I installed the latest spring voicemail app and it would work perfectly only if it was sprint to sprint voicemail.

Jonathan.Q wrote:Today I connected my 32 GB nexus 5 & have version 4.4.2, seems to have skipped over 4.1. There's a A nice trick I pulled on a spring store to connect my 32 GB N5, seems to me that they really don't like the idea of a none spring phone being insured so they make it difficult to connect.

The 4.4.1 update was pulled. So if you never got it, it goes straight to 4.4.2.

They won't insure the 32GB Nexus 5 because they don't sell it. If something happens to it, they have nothing to replace it with. So if by saying you tricked the store means they gave you insurance on it, you are paying money for something they won't be able to honor.

Journeyman

I have the 32 GB N5 set up with sprint & have 4.4.2, after the update the cocktail works perfectly but I'm too used to visual voicemail so I'm using Google voice with the voicemail in logged calls witch is the best set up I could imagine having... Ex; someone calls you or you just missed a couple of calls you can just check call log & if there's a VM icon next to there name you click in the voicemail icon, instead of having to open Google voice & all that. I kept my original sprint number & paid Google voice number. Google voice number is for business & spring for family... that's all, works great.

Journeyman

They don't seem to understand that nexus is a GOOGLE PHONE & updates come straight from GOOGLE, even sprints Nexus 5 is unlocked! This is what I did to fix my cocktail problem, please post back if it worked or not, one message is a bunch of encrypted crap, then you might get another kind with your number in the beginning of the text and a second set of numbers stating to dial the number, what you do is click the second set of numbers. Click the numbers and then you'll hear the "this is your first time calling sprint voicemail, it'll set it up & voicemail will work from now on. Good luck:-)

Master

Jonathan.Q,

Thanks posting and providing your feedback and suggestions.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

The voicemail icon works perfectly fine since the update on my nexus 5 32 GB connected to sprint network, so does lte & 3G.I bought my N5at the PlayStore & for it setup & connected three a sprint corporate site rep. They had to set some things up manually, then master reset the phone with the Sim card installed just before the matter reset... Haven't had a problem at all. I believe they have to do some things to the phone before inserting the uicc then right before the master reset. IMO..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat