6/02 - Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84M

Nexus 5 Software Update -  KTU84M

Enhancements/Fixes

• Updates the device to Android 4.4.3
  • Enable Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41
  • Miscellaneous Android Updates

Important Notes

- Software version is KTU84M

- This update will be rolled out in batches until 6/9/14.

- Refer to the Nexus 5 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

58 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 6/02 - Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84M

How will I be able to see if the spark bands are enabled

Master

EVO13LTE - Great question, let us help. Once Spark is available on your phone, you will see a new icon in your notification bar. It will resemble a sun shape icon. Also, if you are trying to view the bands on your Nexus 5, you can dial ##33284# (##DEBUG#). If prompted for a lock code, enter SPRINT (777468), then tap OK. Now you will see a list of different categories, and this area will show the band/channel that your phone is on. Let us know if this helps, if you have any other questions, we are here for you. - Jonelle Sprint Social Care
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

EVO13LTE - Great question, let us help. Once Spark is available on your phone, you will see a new icon in your notification bar. It will resemble a sun shape icon. Also, if you are trying to view the bands on your Nexus 5, you can dial ##33284# (##DEBUG#). If prompted for a lock code, enter SPRINT (777468), then tap OK. Now you will see a list of different categories, and this area will show the band/channel that your phone is on. Let us know if this helps, if you have any other questions, we are here for you. - Jonelle Sprint Social Care

There is no such icon on the Nexus 5 and plus you will never get a prompted message asking you to enter a lock code.

Journeyman

Sooo, you've already gotten the update then?

Journeyman

I purchased the Nexus 5 on the Google Play store and activated it on my Sprint account. I tried to access the debug menu, but was unable to. How can I verify that I am connected to the Spark networks? I live in San Antonio, Texas. I will be using my phone mainly in the 78255 and 78230 zip codes.

Journeyman

Use the Dialer

The debug code is actually

*#*#33284#*#*

Master

SeanK_

The sun burst icon will not appear on the phone until Sprint Spark has been updated and released on the phone.

*Stephanie B

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

BORED3652471,

Thank you for reaching out. You will know you are connected to the Spark network when you have the sunburst icon displayed in the upper right hand of your screen.

Have you tried the debug code that boltthrower55 provided?

*Stephanie B

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

boltthrower55,

Thank you for providing the correct code. We appreciate the assistance.

*Stephanie B

Sprint Social Care Team