cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/02 - Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84M

Journeyman

Re: 6/02 - Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84M

Weaker i mean no bars to 1 LTE bar. BTW my nexus 45 appears to be in band 51 if it means anything i was on another forum and can find it to follow up

Wizard

The Nexus 5 will not have the Spark Icon even though Sprint Customer Service says it will, it won't because this isn't a Sprint device. There is no option to turn on Spark. The latest update just did it for you, but it also depends on your location as to what band you are connected to and also depends on if the tower is setup right to accept all the bands.

Master

TRACKSTAR77 Thanks for sharing! The update that incorporates the Sprint Spark capabilities would be labeled KTU84M on your Google Nexus 5. To date, Sprint Spark is launched in 24 markets including Austin, TX, Baltimore, MD, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Fort Worth, TX, Kansas City (KS, MO Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Provo, UT, Salt Lake City, UT, San Antonio, TX, Tampa, FL Trenton, NJ, Newark, NJ, Oakland, CA, Orlando, FL Tacoma, WA Waukegan, IL. *David Sprint Social Care
Master

alexrdz82 Thank you for that information. When connected to the cellular data network, are you receiving errors as you are using data? *David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No errors.

Journeyman

So, now I cannot connect to the LTE or 3G network.  Outside of my WiFi network, my phone does not have a data connection at all.  I had no problem at all prior to the update.  I updated PRL/Profile again, turned my phone off and back on, switched to 3G only, nothing works.  Any help?

Master

alexrdz82

I have checked the area and the towers appear to be performing great. When traveling, I suggest completing a profile update to refresh your connection to the towers since not all of the towers have completed upgrades. Please let us know if this helps.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Nevermind... I turned my phone off and on again (4th time) and updated PRL/Profile (5th time) and everything started to work.  I wish Sprint will tell people that the update does not add a spark icon to the Nexus 5, that would help avoid some confusion about the update.  Ran a speed test and the initial results were: 41.72 down, 6.93 up

Master

TRACKSTAR77

It sounds like the update did not download to your device correctly. You will most likely want to perform a factory reset (after back up all of your information of course) so that it can re download. If you prefer, you can take it to a service store first so they can check it out for you.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

TRACKSTAR77,

Thanks for the heads up on the icon issue. I will definitely pass that information along.

Glad to see you're connecting at pretty nice speeds. Keep us posted on the awesome-ness. 😉

*Shannon
Social Care
Journeyman

Was the voicemail indicator bug fixed in this release?

Master

Peter_Muiznieks,

I am not seeing it mentioned in the update notes, however it did mention the Spark icon.

What sort of issues are you seeing with the VM indicator?

*Shannon
Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat