cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a Nexus 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Activating a Nexus 5?

How do I activate a Nexus 5 from the Google Play store? The people at my local Sprint store don't know how to do it.

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Activating a Nexus 5?

KarlKarlKarlKarl - Thanks for your post. The phone is not activated through the Google Play store, you do have to have a Sprint SIM card for the phone to be activated on Sprint and activation is normally hands free. If you do already have a Sprint SIM card in the Nexus 5, and it still isn't activating, you can try these steps. Open the dial pad and enter *#*#72786#*#* , once that is entered, the phone will reboot and it will start the hands free activation. Let us know if this helps. - AndySprint Social Care
Journeyman

I put in the SIM from my existing iPhone with a nano-to-micro adapter and tried the steps above.  The phone recognizes the card and connects to the Sprint network, but it never seems to activate.  It eventually told me that it timed out and had locked the card.

This is the information from the status screen:

Network

Sprint

Signal strength

-60 dBm 16 asu

Mobile network type

CDMA - EvDo rev. A

Service state

In service

Roaming

Not roaming

Mobile network state

Disconnected

My phone number

000-000-4114

I also have a new, unused Sprint SIM (micro format) purchased from Amazon since the store rep said that you don't stock cards at the stores.  I haven't tried using the new SIM card yet.

Master

KarlKarlKarlKarl - The SIM card from the iPhone would not work. We would advise you to try the unused SIM card you purchased. Let us know if this helps. - AndySprint Social Care
Journeyman

I get the same results with the brand new SIM card.  Some time after the reboot, I get an empty dialog box with an icon of a SIM card and Okay/Cancel buttons.  I click the okay, and then it tries to load a URL in the browser which can't be found:

dss//SprintSelfService?option=UICC&code=0000001111111111

Later, I get the dialog saying the network timed out and the SIM card is locked.

The status screen shows the same information as above.

Journeyman

Is there a support number I can call? I see the number to order phones, but I haven't found a number to call to get help with this.

Master

Let's see what we can do for you. Please send a private message with your phone number and PIN.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I found the tech support number from a Google search and spoke with a technician yesterday.  The SIM card I had ordered was not the right one for this phone, and the technician is shipping me a valid one.

Thanks!

Master

KarlKarlKarlKarl

If you have any questions after you receive the new SIM, you can contact us here.

George
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat