cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Customer--No Service

Journeyman

Brand New Customer--No Service

I have a brand new Nexus 5, 32GB I purchased from the Google Play Store. It is not a carrier specific phone.

I walked into a Sprint store on Saturday at noon on Saturday with a working phone. It's early Tuesday and I have a non-working phone. I was at the store for 4 hours and 15 minutes.  Initially tried porting my number from T-mobile to Sprint.  Two hours later, I called T-mobile and said to just forget the porting and cancel everything so my phone would be released from showing up as being on another carrier. Sprint rep called Sprint to cancel the porting. Took another hour to try to figure out why it could not be activated.  A Click It ticket got generated. The rep tried for another hour to see if someone, anyone could remove it so I would not be without a phone.  It did not work. Said I would have to wait up to 48 hours.

I spent my Monday holiday on the phone with the order department and corporate tech support.  Verified the SIM card and IMEI/MEID several times. Went through several steps many times. Order department first thought the SIM was invalid but it is not according to them. Two hours later, tech support thinks it's a network authentication problem.

All I know is that I have no working Nexus 5.  It's brand new. I've had it for a week.  It worked fine on T-mobile's GSM network, I just needed more than barely a bar from home. At work I had full 4G LTE bars.  If Sprint is saying Bring Your Own Phone, then they need too train people on the Nexus 5 that is from the Play Store and moving from GSM to CDMA networks.

The rep at the store gave me a flip phone as a loaner and signed me up for some cheap plan so I would at least have a phone for my commute. So now I am paying for TWO phones and being charged accordingly!

I have spent over 10 hours of my weekend on this. I am now paying for 2 phones. I called customer care to ask them to create notes so that once my phone does work, I get credit for the DAYS it's not working. I also think I should not have to pay for the cheesy flip phone service as I would not need it or use it if my Nexus 5 was working. I am using it as an emergency phone.

So, no working Nexus 5, no idea if customer care understands the situation in regards to not being charged since the 30th, crediting my account to whatever date it is remedied. Tech support ticket can take up to 72 hours. So until it's fixed, I can't ask for a credit. Customer care didn't really seem to care regardless.

I have wasted most of my 3 day weekend and am really disappointed. I thought the $60, Unlimited, no contract sounded great.  

Still not clear if the Click It ticket was resolved or when The CMTS (?) ticket will be closed or who really can not only credit my new account but make this right. Because I have no working smartphone,  I can not reply to any response I may receive here until I get home for work today. I am about ready to throw in the towel and go with a different carrier.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Brand New Customer--No Service

MoInSTL,

Please know we would be happy to check for any updates on the situation as well as look into any possible credits for you. To begin, please PM us using the following link.

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sent PM, received PM from KC.

Master

MoInSTL,

I have your PM now and will be responding to it shortly.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After all of this, Sprint is saying they do not support Nexus 5's from the Play Store and they are closing the ticket.

Unbelievable!  This whole Sprint thing of Bring Your Own Phone does not say Bring your own Sprint branded phone.

I spent HOURS on the phone and made it clear each time it was an unlocked phone from the Play Store. Why would corporate tech support spend over two hours trying to get it to work?  The same with the order support people?  How about the Ticket Management people? They guy who called me back was very arrogant and condescending. I asked for his supervisor and told the supervisor he needs listen to the call as the guy was insulting.  I told the guy I had a friend who got his Nexus 5 from the Play Store and had Sprint service. He said "Well people steal cable too". UNBELIEVABLE!

Master

MoInSTL - I'm sorry you feel this way. It appears that your issue has been escalated. So we will be contacting you and working with you to resolve this. - JonelleSprint Social Care
Journeyman

I hate to see what happens to tickets not escalated.

I am throwing in the towel. I made it clear to everyone I spoke with that I had a brand new phone from the Google Play Store. Tech support, order department, corporate tech support, ticket management. At no point was I told my phone is not supported/compatible.

Last night I was told be the aforementioned guy it was not supported.  That's funny because there are many non-Sprint branded Nexus 5 owners with Sprint. I think it's easier for them to say it's suddenly unsupported rather than resolve it.

I'm done. People who say they will call back never do. I have spent about 15 hours on the phone. That's ridiculous.  I just hope getting credit and not owing Sprint anything will work out. I doubt it at this point.

How do I drop this? I've never been connected or able to make or receive calls.

Similar thread with all of the same headaches:

Cannot Activate Nexus 5

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat