cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Nexus 5 bought through the Google Play Store be activated online?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Can a Nexus 5 bought through the Google Play Store be activated online?

or do we have to visit a Sprint store in order to activate it? 

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can a Nexus 5 bought through the Google Play Store be activated online?

i've found out that the phones ordered through the Play Store do not ship with the required SIM card.  you'll have to visit a Sprint store to get one.

however, i've also found out you can order one online through Sprint Worldwide chat if you loathe visiting Sprint stores like me.

Live Chat

Wizard

1LAZYSHEEP wrote:

i've found out that the phones ordered through the Play Store do not ship with the required SIM card.  you'll have to visit a Sprint store to get one.

however, i've also found out you can order one online through Sprint Worldwide chat if you loathe visiting Sprint stores like me.

Live Chat

They said they aren't giving them out till the 8th. I recommend to contact them Monday, things might change since Sprint doesn't have much information and not many employee's even know the Nexus 5 is a phone or even coming to Sprint.

Journeyman

I guess I was lucky and got a knowledgeable agent. I was able to order a SIM and it should be here mid-next week, before my Nexus 5 comes.

Wizard

1LAZYSHEEP,

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new phone. What you were advised is accurate. Since Google will not ship the device with a Sprint UICC sim card, one must be picked up from a Sprint store or ordered and shipped.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Carlos, Can you confirm whether or not the SIM can be swapped from an active 4G LTE phone into the Nexus 5? Or does it require a whole new SIM?

Rabbiddog,

Thanks for posting, which model handset are you speaking of? You’ll be able to swap the UICC card from the following models: HTC One & Max, LG G2, BB Q10, Samsung ATIV S Neo & The Samsung Galaxy S4, Note III & Mega.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I've been having problems like everyone else trying to activate the Nexus 5 on Sprint. I currently have an order for the CZ2102LWR SIM card on back order. So instead of just waiting, I bought a SIM card on ebay SIMGLW260R, which the seller claimed would work for Sprint LTE phones such as the GS4 and HTC One. I tried to activate my Nexus 5 online last night using this SIM but was not successful. The person that I chatted with online said that this SIM was not compatible with the Nexus 5. Can someone confirm this? And if the purpose of the SIM card is only for LTE conectivity, would it be possible to activate my Nexus 5 without LTE connectivity with the SIMGLW260R until my CZ2102LWR card comes that is on back order?

Master

jdraket_10,

I want to follow up with you to make sure everything was taken care of for your Nexus 5 device. Please let us know we are here for you.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat