cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Aggregation (LTE Plus) Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carrier Aggregation (LTE Plus) Support

Hey there - I know both new Nexus devices support carrier aggregation, but Sprint's coverage maps don't seem to indicate that they do. When you choose a Nexus 5x the best coverage it shows is '4G LTE.' Is this just a glitch with the coverage map?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

download the app called signal check and it will show you which band youre on. if youre connected to Plus it will say for example band 41 but will have a small 2 just to the right of the 41. thats how you will know if youre on Plus or not. only way i have found so far.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the response. I'm an avid SCP user, but I didn't think the only requirement for LTE Plus was to have access to B41 (multiple carriers) signal. Sadly, Android/LG has made it hard to confirm whether that signal is using CA. Oh well, maybe in a future update they will fix the debug menu.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats why i run that app..HTC doesnt exactly make it easy either lol.

for reading material

Introducing the Sprint LTE Plus Network - Faster, Stronger, More Reliable Than Ever Before | Sprint ...

i can say on average while on (41) 2500mhz CA my speeds are usually nothing under 60mbps down..fastest i have seen so far has been a sliver over 80mbps down. building penetration has improved but since im closer to the tower my phone stays locked onto 41 instead of bumping over...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat