cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Voice and Google Voice

Journeyman

HD Voice and Google Voice

Hello,

I recently disabled my Google Voice integration on my Nexus 5 to see if HD voice was disabled because of it.  Turns out that once I disabled Google Voice, my next call was using HD voice.  After I re-enabled Google Voice integration (because of a lack of visual voicemail application) HD voice went away.  Is there any way of bringing HD voice to Google Voice users?

7 REPLIES
Master

Re: HD Voice and Google Voice

Google doesn't support HD voice through their servers unfortunately. You'll probably need to contact Google about it I'm thinking.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

swaarley, Unfortunately, at this time there is no information about this update. I will let the upper management team know about your input. You can stay up to date with any new release by going to Sprint.com/newsroom. - Dillon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Dillon: was upper management able to provide you with any information on when or if those of us that have chosen to use Google Voice integration will be able to enjoy HD Voice?

Master

beej666,

No word yet. My thought would be, if there would be a release it would be a software update to the device, but no announcements yet.

-Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

apparently there's no way to maintain a conversation with a single Sprint employee here :-/

paida seems to be confused about what the problem is, here.  as i understand it, google and sprint need to better integrate their systems in order to allow a sprint user calling another sprint user who has google voice integration enabled to speak to each other with HD Voice.  no software update on "the device" (assuming this means a handset) can possibly get around this.

i ask the sprint employee who handles this reply not to just reply with another message saying there have been no announcements, yet, but rather to get in touch with the sprint team that handles google voice integration and see if there are plans to fix this problem and then report back here.

thanks!

Master

beej666, I checked to see if there is any word of Sprint and Google integrating so that you can have HD voice with Google voice, and there aren't any updates at this time. You can always get more information by visiting sprint.com/newsroom. If there's anything else that I can assist you with, let me know. I'm here to help. - Lori
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too am concerned about this and have paid Google to release my number for porting. Can I replace my current Sprint # with my Google Voice # and do away with Google all together?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.