cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the sprint issue with LTE and Wifi been fixed?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Has the sprint issue with LTE and Wifi been fixed?

So last year the big issue was with the nexus 6 and not receiving texts or calls if you were on LTE and Wifi at the same time. Really, the only solution was to manually switch to 3G while connected to Wifi.

Does anyone know if this is an issue for the new nexus 6p? I haven't activated my new phone yet, I will in a few hours.

I would have the other night, but my account got locked out for several hours when they wanted me to verify/update my existing email and it didn't work. Makes me question sprint's ability more and more every day. *sigh*

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Has the sprint issue with LTE and Wifi been fixed?

different phone so one can only hope. i havent heard much about it other than with the 6. might do a bit of digging in the different forums for those devices to see if its been mentioned or not. just did a scan through and im only seeing it reported with the 6. cross your fingers but i still think its a device issue and not on the carriers side with this one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

ok so a buddy found some info on the whole N6 wifi/LTE ordeal..its a known Motorola issue that so far has only affected the N6. when both LTE and wifi are connected the phone itself is unable to hand off and drop itself back down to 3G where the calls are make/received..its a handoff deal with the phone itself. its known by Motorola but keep in mind they are NOT the greatest at fixing issues..look at the photon Q for example.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

I just wanted to confirm that this is NOT an issue on the 6P and I get calls just fine.

Journeyman

Thanks for the answers...I'm just NOW activating, or trying to activate my 6p.  I had to get my OCD issues squared away...you know, icons, settings etc.. and work for some reason just wants to keep me busy and not playing with the new toys. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat