cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Nexus 5X "Incompatible with Brand"

Journeyman

LG Nexus 5X "Incompatible with Brand"

Trying to replace my existing broken 5X currently in use with Sprint with a new 5X sent to me by Google. However, it won't activate and the rep said the message is "incompatible with brand".

Thanks. 

19 REPLIES 19
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG Nexus 5X "Incompatible with Brand"

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. Same situation, replacing a broken Nexus 5X currently on my plan with a new one. I've been told that the Nexus 5X isn't compatible by one rep and had to point out that I currently have one active on my account. I've also been told by another rep that they were unable to add the MEID. Any help or an explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Sprint Social Care

Good morning JACKSMOBILE9.

The Nexus 5 x is part of the devices that are eligible to work on the Sprint Network. At times, it is necessary to create a ticket and have the device added to our Sprint System. Allow us to look into that for you. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello I am having issues as well trying to add a replacement nexus 5x sent from google to my account. Help would be appreciated. 

Sprint Social Care

Hey there! I'll be glad to help you out adding the device to our Database. Please take a look at your inbox and reply to my private message.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Journeyman

Same problem. 

I have three Nexus 5X, one for me, one for my wife and one for my son.  All are active phones on Sprint with SIM cards.  The 5X's are having issues as is pretty well documented.  Two weeks ago, mine died and I got a repalcement (through the device protection plan from Google).  I was able to use the online tool to active the new replacement using my existing SIM card within a day.  A few days ago, my wife's died.  I got a replacement from Google that they called refurbished and I've spent 2 hours on the phone with support today only to get "incompatible with brand" messaging for this  phone.

Can someone help and add this new phone's IMEI to the Sprint system?  The customer support didn't offer to add the IMEI.  They didn't seem to be aware that this is a problem and didn't know why it wasn't activating even after getting sent to tech support and tech support management.

Hey aspyker!

We'll be more than happy to assist you with this matter. Please reply to my Private Message.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi, I am having a similar issue, I have a Nexus 5X I took to 2 different Sprint stores to try to transfer one of my lines to it, but neither was able to get the phone activated, one telling me that the phone was incompatible.  I tried to validate online and it gave me a message of "this number doesn't match our records" when checking the IMEI.  Can someone please help with this issue?  Thanks.

Journeyman

Hi, I am having a similar issue, I have a Nexus 5X I took to 2 different Sprint stores to try to transfer one of my lines to it, but neither was able to get the phone activated, one telling me that the phone was incompatible.  I tried to validate online and it gave me a message of "this number doesn't match our records" when checking the IMEI.  Can someone please help with this issue?  Thanks.

(I apologize if this is a double post, I thought I posted this, but now I don't see it in the discussion.)

GrandMaster

it happens from time to time. when youre the final poster and it adds your post to the next page for some reason it stays on the first page and you have to manually switch to the next page..or it will start doing it once another person posts.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat