cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Nexus 5 randomly turns off

Journeyman

My Nexus 5 randomly turns off

My 3 month old Nexus 5 randomly turns off. Is there anyone else with this problem. And what to do about it?

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: My Nexus 5 randomly turns off

excalibur405,

Did you recently update your software or download any new apps not there before?

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I called into Sprint tech support and we did a reset to factory setup. Not five minutes later it shut off again.

Phil

Wizard

Call Google support and have them send you a replacement. They'll send you the replacement first and once you get the phone, you send the phone that's not working back.

Seank_ wrote:

Call Google support and have them send you a replacement. They'll send you the replacement first and once you get the phone, you send the phone that's not working back.

This will only work if you bought your phone from Google. Otherwise you have to go through Sprint or LG.

Master

Seank_,

Thank you helping out which reaching out to the manufacturer may be helpful.  I would also suggest a local repair center which may be quicker since the manufacturer would have to process everything through mail.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

Seank_,

Thank you helping out which reaching out to the manufacturer may be helpful.  I would also suggest a local repair center which may be quicker since the manufacturer would have to process everything through mail.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Only if you have insurance, sure, but if don't better of with LG/Google. 

Master

excalibur405,

Thank you for the response. Where did you purchase the device from? Do you have Total Equipment Protection on the line? Have you visited a Sprint service and repair center to have a technician look at the device? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Sent it back to LG. Took a week or so, but it seems to be fine now.

Master

excalibur405,

Wonderful, thanks for the update!

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat