cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My cell is my primary line - I refuse to use Google Voice. Will there be a SPRINT Visual Voicemail for Nexus 5?

Journeyman

Re: My cell is my primary line - I refuse to use Google Voice. Will there be a SPRINT Visual Voicemail for Nexus 5?

The lack of MWI and issues with the Visual Voicemail App are longstanding problems with Sprint. 

The problem I have with going to Google Voice or some other 3rd party app, is that *enhanced voicemail* is an included service in the plan I am paying for.  Sprint needs to vet these apps prior to the release of a new phone or operating system.

When asked,  they pretend they have no idea there is a problem with voicemail and waste countless hours troubleshooting our phones - only to tell us:  too bad - we can't be responsible for all of the various conflicts. 

No.  That's not acceptable.  I agreed to a monthly plan that includes *enhanced voicemail*. The app is a 'system app' on my old phone.  I'm not going to add (or buy) another app to handle what this app should be doing. 

WI-Heather

Visual Voicemail unstable since June 2013

Master

Re: My cell is my primary line - I refuse to use Google Voice. Will there be a SPRINT Visual Voicemail for Nexus 5?

WI-Heather Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Sprint community page. What error are you getting when you click on Visual Voicemail App? Also, let me know what device are you using and what software you have? Any details you can provide can help us understand the situation and locate a solution. Khalid Sprint Social Care.
Journeyman

Khalid,

I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE (android 4.1.1)

Visual Voicemail version T.5.3.1.20

Visual Voicemail is unstable.  When it stops working there is NO notification there is a message on the server. 

What do you know about this problem?  

Master

WI-Heather, Thanks for reaching out. I understand that this issue with your visual voicemail has been quite frustrating. However, this has been declared as a known issue and our technicians are working as fast as possible to reach a resolution. It seems that you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps at this point. Including the very helpful steps that you've previously posted. I'd like for you to provide your two nearest cross streets and zip code. This will allow me to alert our technicians of the area where you are having the visual voicemail issue as well. Let me know, I am here to help. Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Brittany,

Thank you for you candor. 

I just got of the phone with someone at corporate that told me that according to his research, the network is fine, it must just be 'my' phone.

I explained to him that there are countless threads concerning this issues on many phones, on many platforms.

He offered that we can't be sure all of these posts are 'real people' with 'real problems'.  Because according to his technician, the system is working fine. 

And I can go ahead and contact the BBB, the call will just get routed to him.

Awesome.

WI-Heather

Who's about to no longer be a Sprint customer.

Journeyman

Heather, I am right there with you. My wife's HTC EVO 4g LTE operates exactly as yours does. we have the insurance on it and have had them replace it twice to no avail. I have a samsung galaxy s4 that is a little newer and I don't have the issue. I asked them to send us a reconditioned galaxy s4 next time instead of the EVO, which is obviously defective, but they say not possible. I don't get the stubbornness to help long time Sprint users who are at the end...

Master

ricktarasharontara, You are a valued Sprint customer and we don't want to lose you nor your wife. We're sorry to hear that she is having various issues with her 4G LTE HTC EVO. We'd like to take a closer look at the tower performance in your area. Please provide your two nearest cross streets and zip code. In the meantime, I suggest that you refresh the signal on her device. If you're not familiar with doing so, here are the steps: Settings>General>System Updates>1st Update PRL>2nd Update Profile. Please be sure to power your device off for two minutes before performing any troubleshooting steps. Keep me updated. Brittany, Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

zip is 03867, old dover rd and Alice lane. I will try all this again, but not holding much faith in prl and profile in this case.

Master

ricktarasharontara, We understand and thanks for the information. After a close review of your area, we've discovered that there is a tower outage impairing 4G LTE services. According to our technicians, this tower is scheduled to be completed within the next week. Until that time is near, the steps that we provided will help her device to work at the best of it's ability. Keep us updated. We're always here for you. *Brittany, Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat