cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line on EPRP with Nexus 5 32GB

Wizard

New line on EPRP with Nexus 5 32GB

I posted this a couple of days ago in the plans section but no response. Sorry for double post

This is a question for the moderators. Please research this well before posting your findings

I have an EPRP family plan with 4 lines.

I want to add a new line with Nexus 5 32GB. Since Sprint does not sell the 32 GB version, I am planning to buy it straight from Google.

Can the the be activated on the new line?

Will this be another 2 year contract? (I am buying the phone no subsidy)

I am asking the question because Sprint does not allow 3rd party phone on this plan.

I don't want to buy the phone and not be able to add the line

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: New line on EPRP with Nexus 5 32GB

I have a 32 GB nexus 5, bought directly from the Google play store and its been activated on sprint for 2 months now, all you need to do is get a Sim card from sprint, its free, I have no problems connecting to LTE, I'm just waiting for the spark update to come, otherwise no problems at all

Wizard

I went ahead and bought the Nexus 5 32GB

Sprint still wants me to sign a 2-year contract, so I got the LG G2 for free with the contract

Once the LG is activated and the transfer from T-Mobile completed, I was able to go online and swap the G2 for Nexus 5.

Now looking and both phones and reading more about G2, I think there is a plus using the G2.

Master

Th3Phoenix,

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies on the delay in our response. With an activation of any line, there would be a 2-year contract associated with it, regardless of the status or purchase point of the device. After the initial 2 years are completed, if a device is purchased at full retail cost with no subsidy, there would be no contract associated with it. Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat