ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest problem with phone

Journeyman

Newest problem with phone

After picking up from being repaired I now have a new problem with this horrible phone. I can no longer hear unless I have on speaker phone. This is the 2nd nexus 5 I have owned in 2 months. The local sprint store is no help and keeps putting band aids to temporarily fix this crappy phone. I need help please! This phone is completely unreliable I regret upgrading from the S4 to this. Will be the last time I take the advice of so called sprint employees.

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Newest problem with phone

Phone will also go into emergency call mode and can only be fixed by doing a factory reset. I don't trust getting any apps because I know I am going to lose them when it decides to do it again. I also have issues with it going into roam. I was outside of local sprint store and my phone call was roaming. Sprint "fix" was to just turn roaming off. Which is not addressing the problem. All this on top of the dropped calls and missed calls due to phone not ringing. I am truly disgusted with this phone. Why is sprint selling such an inferior and unreliable phone?

Master

JNSMITH912, Thanks for reaching out! To investigate this for you, may I please have the two nearby cross streets and zip code? Have you tried to update data profile and update PRL on your device? We are here to help. *Gerda Social Care Team
Journeyman

My zip code is 29210 and cross streets are Marley drive and broad river road. Yes I have did the updates and took for to a sprint store ( which tech support in the store is a complete joke!)

Master

JNSMITH912,

Thank you for your location information. I took a look at the tower and am not seeing any issues reported. In reading the issues that you are having with your phone it is an issue with the phone itself. You said you have already had the phone replaced once. Have you taken the phone into a store again since the new issues started?

*Stephanie B
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

They told me they could not recreate the problem. All they said they could do is order another one of these horrible phones. I would be without a phone until one came in. Said this is one of the best phones and on backorder so I would have to wait. Problems happened while I was still at the sprint store. Now just like the 1st one this one will not charge. Have to wiggle around so I know the port has gone out on this one too. I am being forced to pay for a phone that does not work. I do not want a 3rd one! Crazy that I have only had a nexus for 2 months and have had nothing but problems. If I am not allowed to exchange for another phone I will cancel all 4 of my lines! I have the insurance on phone. I do not want a refurbished or a new nexus since I already know these phones are horrible! Sprint is only giving a $62 credit for trading in a nexus but yet I am paying almost $400. Sprint made money off of my Samsung s4 which was only 5 months old and swindled me into this piece of junk!

Journeyman

I am confused on why you asked if I have been into a store with problems. In my complaint I have continuously stated that tech support in store has been useless.

Master

JNSMITH912

When you took the phone into the store, did you happen to take the charger in, too? It may be a charger issue, especially if the problem could not be recreated. You can request that Asurion replace the phone with a different model, but it's not guaranteed they will do this. Why did you give us your S4? Was it broken and you did a claim?

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No it is not a problem with the charger. I have tried numerous charges here at my home. The rep at the sprint store took my phone and did not give me the option to keep it. If I file a claim then I will have to pay a deductible on a REFURBISHED piece of junk phone that I still owe over $300 for on sprint easy pay. I can only imagine the problems i would have with a refurbished phone. This is completely unfair. When the first nexus did this 9 days after I got it I asked about getting a different phone and was told no and was given another nexus. What is it does sprint reps get an extra bonus for pushing off these phones on people. I WANT A DIFFERENT PHONE! Sprint needs to do something!!!!

Journeyman

Rep told me I was eligible for an upgrade since I signed up for the framily plan and recommended the nexus. Nothing was wrong with my s4. Please provide resolution instead of just asking more and more questions!

Journeyman

The charging problem is the newest problem for this 2nd phone that happened after I left store! The first phone and the second phone are having the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS!!!

Master

JNSMITH912,

I understand you may not like that option so if the device is less than a year old contact the manufacture. The difference is you may have to send them your device for a period of time for them to fix it vs getting a refurb but you will have your device back. Another added bonus is it was fixed directly from the manufacture. Something to think about, that may not have been offered to you yet.

Thanks,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat