cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

I can confirm the same - 32GB Nexus 5 MEIDs are NOW VALID!

Great job sprint!  Many thanks to the guys/gals that stayed up late to get this resolved.

I wish there was a bit more clarity regarding the issue but it was resolved VERY quickly!

Journeyman

My 32gb black MEID is valid as well (was not last night).

Journeyman

Sprint has fixed some issues overnight, and I was now able to activate my phone.

Although Sprint system now recognizes MEID number provided with the phone, you will not be able to complete the activation on your own even if you already have a SIM card - you will have to contact support through either online chat or phone, give them all the info, and they will manually override and activate your phone...

Journeyman

I am curious.  Finally got a corporate store to hold a sim card for me and said I can walk in and pick it up. 

Question is can I just put that in the phone and activate online knowing I will need to contact support via chat or phone  

OR

Should I have them try to activate it in store?

The manager insists the sim wont work or activate 4g Service.  He said he received an email from Sprint corporate saying they are different and wont be available till Friday.  So interesting.

Journeyman

You need SIM with the SKU 760492013536

Sadly, the manager is incorrect if they have that SKU in store.

Journeyman

Right....he is holding that sim card for me.

Question is can I just go get that come back home and activate online knowing I'll maybe need online support to override and activate manually.

OR

Should I have them activate in store.

Sprint Product Ambassador

All,

Thank you for your patience while we fixed the problem in activating a 32GB Nexus 5 from Google Play Store. The issue has been resolved and we are now able to complete your activation. Please send me a Private Message if not able to complete your swap and our Chat team was unable to assist.

Thanks again,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks Blue for all your help!

Sprint Product Ambassador

jeffvb99999 - I would pick up the UICC/SIM card from the store. If the store is unable to activate your phone, you can complete your swap online. Our Chat group will be able to assist to if needed.

Please send me a Private Message if you are still unable to activate your Nexus 5.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thank you very much Blue!

Journeyman

Thanks a lot for getting this resolved so quickly, however I still have a few questions.  I know there is talk about the micro sim cards that are already in use on devices like the S4 or HTC one being used in the Nexus 5. I know they work on the Nexus 5, as I am using one of them in my device right now.  The sim is labeled as part: SIMGLW206R on the card.

However, does anyone know if there is possibly a newer card that is specific to the Nexus 5?  I only ask because I know it is the first or one of the first Spark compatible phones, so is there a chance that the older cards we are using do not allow Spark access?  If someone in "the know" could answer this, it would be greatly appreciated.  If not, I suppose we will have to wait until Friday and see if the Sprint Specific Nexus 5's have a different sim card part number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has some cool information, inspired from all of our posts!

Some Sprint Customers Are Having Trouble Activating The 32GB Nexus 5

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat