cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

A FYI

I just walked into a corporate sprint store and they had the sim with SKU number 760492013536.  They were able to get me activated.

LTE working great.

32 GB White Nexus 5 purchased from Play Store.

Journeyman

Glad my phone was backlogged a little from the Play Store so all this fun stuff gets dealt with:)

treylok,

Thanks for posting, the UICC card that’s used by the One or S4 is compatible with the N5. The reason why the One & the S4 won’t support Tri-Band is due to the chipset rather than the information contained in the UICC card. The N5 will be compatible with Sprint spark via a future software update.

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

TheFifthLetter

So Spark is not active yet on new nexus 5 phones? Do you happen to know when approximately it will be available on N5?

Journeyman

If you are in a Spark zone, you can manually enable it via a work around (shhhh don't tell Sprint)

Look for options on xda developers.

Filipp2012,

Based on our newsroom post, the Nexus 5 should receive the software update in early 2014 > Sprint to Launch Nexus 5 by LG Smartphone on Nov. 8; $149.99 with Sprint Unlimited Data Guarantee fo...

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi guys, I've been having a hell of a time trying to get my 32GB N5 activated.

I spoke to four different agents tonight.

The first one told me that my MicroSIM from international services is not compatible with the Nexus 5 and I'd have to order another one (and pay for it).

The second one told me that I'm not eligible for an upgrade and so she couldn't swap the device. (?)

The third one told me that only the 16GB N5 can be activated on the Sprint network.

The fourth one told me that because I am roaming internationally (? - I'm in California), I can't activate it.

Where do I go from here? Does anyone around here actually have the ability to activate a 32GB N5?

Journeyman

Do you actually have a SIM card? If so, just walk into a Sprint store.

If you don't/can't get a SIM card, try international chat:

Live Chat

Journeyman

Yes I do as I said in my post.

Journeyman

Sprint is now telling me that the SIM card that they mailed me was incorrect, and are sending me another. (??)

Journeyman

If the SIM card fits, then it should work with the phone.  My phone activated super easy at Sprint, took it in, and they popped in the SIM and activated it.

The GS4 and HTC One sim work with this phone too

Journeyman

That was my understanding (and the definition) of how SIM cards work. However, 8 Sprint reps now have all been singing the same tune. Someone is very confused. Apparently they have two "models" of SIM cards and are insistent that only certain models work with certain phones. They keep refusing to activate the one I have with my phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat