Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Hi Sprint -

I just wanted to make Sprint aware that the 32GB Nexus 5 MEIDs are not valid and thus a 32GB Nexus 5 cannot be activated on Sprint.

All reports show that 16GB Nexus 5's MEIDs ARE loaded and work FINE on sprint.

Sprint, please fix this - the phones were sold as being compatible with sprint, now we are being fed a bunch of lame answers as to why they don't work.

Things that I've been told erroneously:

• First trip to sprint store - was told that they didn't have the nexus 5 sim cards yet.
  • Second trip I was told that SKU 760492013536 would not work but they gave me one anyway after insisting.
  • They couldn't activate the phone, they told me they can't activate until November 8th.
  • I tried online and they told me the same November 8th.

This is JUST an issue with the 32GB model - the 16GB model (which is the model sprint is selling) works fine.

75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to submit a ticket but failed.

"I currently have a Nexus 5 16GB and would like to switch over and activate a Nexus 5 32GB phone I purchased from the Google Play Store.  On 05/24/2014 I opened ticket SD25603xx to add it to inventory so I could activate but a rep says the ticket was closed due to bad ESN number.  I would like to open a new ticket with these numbers:  SKU: LGD820 AUS3BK  IMEI: 358239-05-73xxx-x MEID(ESN)-HEX: 3582390573xxxx S/N: 312KPUU73xxxx UPC: 52810 11941 2"

They closed the ticket that the number was invalid.  Never notified so I chatted again.

I tried to submit a new one.

"Angela C.: We do not sale the 32 gb nexus so the ticket will not work for it. We can never activate it on our network. It is a common request."

I guess I keep trying with new reps?

Highlighted
Master

LEEROGERS555,

I hate to hear about the troubles you are currently having when trying to activate your new device. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. I can certainly enter a new ticket for you however I would need all the device number you provided in full. Please send a personal message to @sprintcare with this information and I will get it re-submitted for you.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Blue I have a Sprint Blackberry 9930 that MEID is not in system. How do I get that fixed to activate. I called 3 times. 2 tickets . a store visit and 5 days later still waiting.

Master

Dustin_Moore,

I understand your concern. I apologize for any late response. Please allow me to have a more in-depth look into this issue for you. For further assistance, visit http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat