cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Journeyman

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Hi Sprint -

I just wanted to make Sprint aware that the 32GB Nexus 5 MEIDs are not valid and thus a 32GB Nexus 5 cannot be activated on Sprint.

All reports show that 16GB Nexus 5's MEIDs ARE loaded and work FINE on sprint.

Sprint, please fix this - the phones were sold as being compatible with sprint, now we are being fed a bunch of lame answers as to why they don't work.

Things that I've been told erroneously:

• First trip to sprint store - was told that they didn't have the nexus 5 sim cards yet.
  • Second trip I was told that SKU 760492013536 would not work but they gave me one anyway after insisting.
  • They couldn't activate the phone, they told me they can't activate until November 8th.
  • I tried online and they told me the same November 8th.

This is JUST an issue with the 32GB model - the 16GB model (which is the model sprint is selling) works fine.

75 REPLIES 75
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

I am just confirming that I am having the same issue.  I just got back from a Sprint store where they had activated a 16 GB version earlier today, but following the same process mine would not activate.  Are there plans to fix this or do I have to go to another carrier?

Wizard

Very interesting!

How long will it take Sprint to load all MEIDs in their database. My understanding is the activation is based on the SIM card.

So what happen after the 8th if we have the same issue?

Journeyman

Activation is based on the MEID.  The MEID and the ICCID (SIM CARD) are tied together.

If the MEID hasn't been loaded into the sprint system, it's not allowed by Sprint to be activated on their network.

I tried following up with Sprint by phone today and they have no updates.

Journeyman

I've wasted hours today talking to Sprint reps, first online, then at the store, then online again, then on the phone....they were not able to help me...at the end I contacted Google tech support, and they offered to send me another device, although the problem does not seem to be hardware related...so annoyed at this point, and ready to jump ships - already started exploring other service provider's plans...good bye Sprint!

Journeyman

Having the same issue here (32GB).  Tried upgrading through Sprint.com, chatted with customer service and went to a retail store.  Guy at the retail store opened up a 'Click it ticket'.  Supposedly it can take up to 48 hours to transfer my account to the phone.

Journeyman

I doubt 32gb version will be available to be on sprint due to sprint is not SELLING the 32gb version. This will make insurance / warrenty problems for them as they do not offer the device at this memory so pricing will not work for those. Maybe if they bring in the 32gb version themselves soon, otherwise I doubt there is much that anyone there can do as customer care, etc over the phone do not load the MEID's. its dont by someone you will never speak to who works in the back offices / warehouses.

Journeyman

So your 32 is going to work!???! What is a click it ticket?

Journeyman

Journeyman

LOL!  It's one of Sprints support ticketing systems.

Journeyman

hahaha the kind that relates to Sprint

Sprint Product Ambassador

All,

The 32GB version from Google Play Store can be activated online with Sprint or through our Sprint Chat team. Activation does require a UICC card (some call it a SIM card) obtained from a Sprint retail store at no charge. If the Sprint store has not received their shipment of UICC cards, our Sprint World Wide team can order one for you through our Chat option or calling into Care.

Steps to activate online:

Insert your UICC card and follow the prompts online to swap to your Google Nexus 5. 

• Manage My Sprint> Activate a new phone> Enter new device> In the Device code enter the IMEI and leave off the last IMEI digit. If all the digits are entered an error will be generated.

Please send me a Private Message with your IMEI and phone number if an error message is generated after following the above steps.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat