cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

I have tried this, it is what the tech at the sprint store did to activate the 16GB version earlier in the day where I went.  Unfortunately, I do not think the 32GB IMEIs are in the Sprint Database yet, so it still does not work for me.  Hopefully this will be fixed in the coming days.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Journeyman

When will 32GB be in your system?  Nobody on the entire internet (thats al ot of people) have got the 32 to activate, and a few of the 16 have.

Journeyman

Hi Blue,

This is just more contradictory information.

I can give you two different sprint accounts on opposite sides of the country both with 32GB Nexus 5's that have the exact same issue.

Try the chat option and get this:

Alton L.: I'm sorry. This is not a Sprint phone and cannot be activated on the Sprint account. at present ,
Sprint only offers Google Nexus 4g phone, it is not offering or selling Google
Nexus 5 phone.

I've tried chat, sprint store, sprint customer support, etc.  The MEID is NOT valid and has not been entered into the sprint databases and can NOT be activated on sprint.

Journeyman

I chatted with Worldwide chat last Friday.  They took my order for a UICC card, and it is now in the system.

However, now they tell me it is out of stock and they have no idea when it will be back in stock.

Journeyman

You can likely go to a sprint corporate store.

Call around and ask for this SKU: 760492013536

Sadly, most employees don't know that this SKU is for the Nexus 5 and will say they don't have it.  Don't even mention nexus 5, just ask about stock on SKU 760492013536

Journeyman

My local Sprint store has them, but won't give me one - they say I have to bring in the phone and they will activate.  I'm concerned that by the time my phone comes in they will be out of the cards.

Journeyman

rinsf -they probably have a bunch.  I would ask for the manager if you are concerned - they can do it (they did for me, but they have to check it out to your account, and I had my nexus 5 with me that they were not able to activate).

Journeyman

@Blue:

Ivan W.: May I please have the ESN/DEC of your new phone? It can be found inside your phone under the battery.
Customer: I can give you IMEI #
Customer: no other numbers are available
Ivan W.: Ok
Customer: 358xxx-xx-xxxx06-4
Customer: and I can give you ICC ID for the SIM card if you need it
Ivan W.: Please
Customer: ***************
Ivan W.: Thanks.
Ivan W.: I am sorry the ESN shows incorrect.
Customer: yes - that was the problem I had while trying to activate the phone online - that's when I was told that I could activate it with SIM card
Ivan W.: Please provide me with the ESN/DEC. It can be found inside your phone under the battery.
Customer: phone can not be opened
Customer: IMIE number is on the tag outside of the phone
Customer: battery can not be removed by a user
Ivan W.: Let me check.
Customer: I have a box the phone came in; there is a SKU#, S/N#, IMEI#, and UPC#
Ivan W.: Is that a LG nexus 5?
Customer: yes
Ivan W.: Where was the device purchased?
Customer: directly from Google Play
Ivan W.: To activate a new or used device that was purchased from an individual or on the Internet, the device must be:
?A Sprint device. All models except the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy have a Sprint logo on the front.
?Inactive and not set up on another Sprint account.
?Valid with a serial number (ESN) that has not been reported lost or stolen.
Customer: Please...I already went through all of this with another agent
Customer: the device is Sprint compatible and purchased directly from a manufacturer
Customer: can you pleasepatch me up with someone who can help me?
Ivan W.: But the IMEI that you are providing shows incompatible.
Ivan W.: Do you feel like I am not helping you?
Customer: yes
Customer: as I said. I went through this with another agent - the device is compatible
Customer: it is new so you guys still do not have procedures in place
Ivan W.: I am sorry if you feel that way but if you can't provide me with correct information how could I activate the phone for you.
Customer: but someone must know hoe to activate the phone using the sim card
Ivan W.: It's simple provide me with the details and I will activate the phone for you.
Customer: I am giving you all the details that are available
Customer: what do you want me to give you? something that does not exist on my phone?
Ivan W.: I am sorry that shows incompatible.
Journeyman

Glad my phone is backlogged a few weeks so hopefully this stuff blows over.

Journeyman

PIRKE - you need to provide sprint with the MEID, NOT the IMEI.  Do you have the 32GB model or 16GB?

If Sprint is your mobile service provider, you may need to provide a MEID identification number to activate your phone. To get the MEID number, remove the last digit of the IMEI number.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3473178

Journeyman

Yeah, I am aware of that and so was the phone tech support agent I spoke with, and so was their supervisor...I spent at least 5 hours today trying to get this resolved - 5 hours that I will have to cover for this week...3 X online chat agent, 1 X Sprint store, 1 X Sprint Phone tech support + their supervisor, and 2 X Google hardware support via phone...

Journeyman

So are you screwed?  What is Sprint doing now for you Pike?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat