Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

RLCOLLECTOR68 wrote:

All,

The 32GB version from Google Play Store can be activated online with Sprint or through our Sprint Chat team. Activation does require a UICC card (some call it a SIM card) obtained from a Sprint retail store at no charge. If the Sprint store has not received their shipment of UICC cards, our Sprint World Wide team can order one for you through our Chat option or calling into Care.

Steps to activate online:

Insert your UICC card and follow the prompts online to swap to your Google Nexus 5. 

• Manage My Sprint> Activate a new phone> Enter new device> In the Device code enter the IMEI and leave off the last IMEI digit. If all the digits are entered an error will be generated.

Please send me a Private Message with your IMEI and phone number if an error message is generated after following the above steps.

Thanks,

Blue

RLCOLLECTOR68, According to Sprint Employee OroRo_MunRoE, Sprint is "currently only supporting the 16gb Nexus 5"

mrw612

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any.

Zena

Social Care Team

Sprint Product Ambassador

PIRKE - thanks for sharing this with us. I have sent this over to our Chat team to be addressed and new communication is going out to our front-line.

Thanks again

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Sprint Product Ambassador

AmyRNP - the 32GB is compatible. I will provide an update tomorrow when I find out more information.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Where's the proof it works? All I see is people saying it doesn't.

Journeyman

Even Google now seems to be throwing their hands in the air. They don't know what the deal is either.

Journeyman

I understand the frustration as I am in the same boat. I do appreciate Blue's calming effect and if Blue has some authority at Sprint.. that is better than dealing with some of folks at the stores.

While it is disappointing that Sprint has to scramble to figure out what to do with a new situation.... they never worked with phones sold by Google before... We all got excited last week and thought it was a game changer that Sprint was included in the Nexus 5 compatible list... and for a moment felt superior to Verizon users.  Perhaps we should be disappointed but not surprised with Sprint.  They are performing on par with their tradition.  I guess it's in their DNA.  Phil Nickinson at AC may need to get some of this negative energy since he helped to open the floodgates of Sprint customers ordering on the 31st.  I admit it...I read that article confirming Sprint support... and I was at the Play store within seconds.

My guess is that they will eventually let 32 gb versions work... once they setup their system to accept them... by the 8th or likely after.

Journeyman

So I live in Overland Park, KS and called the corporate store on the Sprint HQ campus.  I get a women that tells me to yeah bring in the phone and we will get it activated.  So I go down to the corporate store and the guy says no we dont have any of the "special" SIM cards for the Nexus 5.  I look at him like he's crazy.

I get home and get on chat with Worldwide support and they are overnighting me this:

QuantityItem numberItem description
1760492013536SIMCARD LTEGSM 3FF USIM REMOV

Which is a normal SIM card just like the one in my Samsung Galaxy S4.  So I am going back tomorrow to ask for the above and get activation.

Journeyman

For a 32gb?!?

Journeyman

Yes!

Its funny that the 2 main corporate stores here on campus and close by have no clue whats going on.  Very frustrating.  The Nexus 5 takes the same kind of SIM card as most other sprint phones....

Journeyman

They have fixed the issue for me!  I have a black 32GB Nexus 5 from Google play store and it is working now.  Someone must have been working late tonight.  I read on another forum they they had it working so I gave it another shot and magically it activated through the online phone activation.  After I went through the online process I did have to chat with a rep to complete the activation, but everything appears to be working now.  It took a while to provision to the new device, but both LTE and voice are working!  Thanks for getting this resolved so quickly!

Journeyman

Where did you get your sim?

new one or use your existing?

Journeyman

New sim.  I called around all of the corporate stores in my area until I found one that had the cards.  If searching look for ones that do repair.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat