cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 32GB MEIDs not valid

Are you currently a Sprint customer with an online account?  If so, you can try to manually activate the device yourself.  Just login on Sprint and go to the my account page.  There should be a drop down next to the 'About My Devices' box . Select 'activate a new phone' or 'activate a new SIM card' and follow the steps.  That is how I activated my phone (32 GB Nexus 5)

Journeyman

I just received my PlayStore 32 GB N5 on Monday & got it connected today. It does work, if you do it online out in just the first 14 numbers not all fifteen. And for the Sim card put use current soon card, then master reset your phone & it should work. I watched as they activated mines, everything works. If your in NYC I'll pay up the address to the spring store in case you can't do it yourself.

Journeyman

Oh forgot to mention, it's not about the imei #’s it's basically because it's not a phone originated from Sprint, insurance & no profit, you know...

Journeyman

I noticed that when I told them to use my sg4 sum card they had to hard reset my 16 GB N5 so it could be that during the hard reset it also arranged the info it needs. So out your active Sim & hard reset your N5. I returned the 16 gig N5 & got the 32 gig N5 but used the original 16 gig N5 Sim because of the returning the phone I forgot, either way the iccu Sim doesn't matter not does the meid, just put 14 instead of 15 numbers in.

Journeyman

That's what the spring rep told me, but connected my spring account to my 32 gig N5... if your in NYC go to the sprint corporate store in downtown Fulton NYC, they'll have it running in less than ten minutes.

Journeyman

It doesn't matter if it's in there or not, they can put it in instantly just like they did with mines. My 32 gig N5 is working just perfect, don't believe the bs. use only 14 numbers instead of 15, insert the Sim card already active or not & do a master reset. The matter reset installs all the sprint info needed, for some radon master reset with the Sim card already inside does something. I watched as a sprint rep hooked my 32 gig N5 up in less than ten minutes. No records of imei or ICC needed in sprints network.

Journeyman

These are 3 screenshots i took, hoping that these pics i grabbed week show it's possible. 1st pic is just the 32 GB N5 that was connected today Dec,11. I'll post how I did it tomorrow.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5QgJk9AigVOS1RGRk1vd2dwVHM/edit?usp=docslist_api,out

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5QgJk9AigVOTnNGQ0YzdDNPY3c/edit?usp=docslist_api,gthttps://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5QgJk9AigVOZjliSnNmVXF4M3M/edit?usp=docslist_api

Master

Jonathan.Q,

Thanks for the post. How has the device been since Dec.? Things get better? Let us know.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help you. Where did you purchase your device from? Was it from google play or was it directly through us? I look forward to your response.

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team 

Master

jeffvb9999,

Thanks for your post and feedback, we appreciate it.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am also trying to activate a Nexus 5 32GB and the chat representative said that the IMEI/MEID/HEX was not in her system.  She opened ticket SD2560349 to resolve the issue.  Hopefully, I will hear back soon.

Journeyman

You need to give the imei without the last digit. I activated my 32gb N5 that I purchased from google no problem. Left off the last digit and had it working in minutes. Hope that helps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat