Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 - 32GB

Go to solution
Wizard

Nexus 5 - 32GB

I see that the play store has 2 versions (16 & 32 gb)

Can I get a 32 gb from Sprint?

With no storage expansion I want to know before ordering from Sprint.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Nexus 5 - 32GB

I just got off the phone with Tele Sales.

Only 16GB is available for pre-order.

We just have to wait

😞

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to know this as well...16GB is too small, but 32GB is just right.

Highlighted
Wizard

I just got off the phone with Tele Sales.

Only 16GB is available for pre-order.

We just have to wait

😞

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

While you had them on the phone were you able to confirm if they will activate the PLay Store Nexus 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have verified with Google that the Play Store 32GB version will activate on Sprint. I did not ask but it must be true for the sold out 16GB version as well.

You can call Google @ 855-836-3987

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is being reported elsewhere as well.

Yes, you can buy a Nexus 5 from Google Play and activate it on Sprint | Android Central

Which is good since Sprint is charging $100 more for the 16GB model than the Play store. For that price you can get the 32GB model from Play and still save yourself $50 over what Sprint is charging for the lesser model.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really wish Sprint knew that they were activating phones from the Google Store.  2 online conversations said No, one said yes. 

And today I went to the Sprint store, and they "looked up" my phone after insisting it wouldn't work and told me to go to T-Mobile.  I am getting a 16 gig Nexus 5 from Google Play on Monday. If they don't have it figured out by then I guess I will have to go with T-Mobile, whether Sprint has competitive rates or not.

I can't even get info about what plans they will offer.  I guess, they are similar to the no contract plans?  Or no?

Highlighted
Wizard

AndroidUzer,

Thanks for providing this information from Google's end. The official communication that I received is that you can purchase it from Google and activate it on Sprint but since Google doesn't provide the Sprint UICC card you will need to either have one shipped from us or get one from a Sprint Store.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do we get one shipped? Can we order one online? If so could you please provide a link?

Highlighted
Wizard

marque2,

Thanks for posting and expressing your interest in Sprint. Could you please advise the location of the store you visited?

Here are the options for using service on a smartphone:

Your first line will be $50 for unlimited talk & text and you have an option for either 1gb of data for $20 or $30 for unlimited. Unlimited Talk/Text/Data will be $80 before any discounts that you may qualify for.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

DrMassenburg,

Thanks for asking. I just received some additional information and would like to revise my previous statement. The UICC card will initially only be available at Sprint Stores. Each store will receive a limited quantity of cards and they will be at no cost. Also, they may not have the cards available until 11/8.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was the Arlington store on

4211 S Cooper St#111

Arlington, TX

Thx,

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat