cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 4.4.3 in NYC with Spark coverage

Journeyman

Nexus 5 4.4.3 in NYC with Spark coverage

I have a Nexus 5 with the new 4.4.3 update which was suppose to enable Spark on my Nexus. I am in NYC and checked Spark coverage and I'm in a Spark covered area but still nothing on my nexus 5 even after updating profile and PRL and rebooting the device. Please help me out and get Spark working on my phone.

32 REPLIES 32
Master

Re: Nexus 5 4.4.3 in NYC with Spark coverage

Valos1

Good morning. Though Spark is available in NYC, it's not available on every tower. So, I'd like to check out the areas where you were yesterday. If you'll provide one or two cross streets and zip codes, I'll check out those towers.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Robin, I am having the same issue with my Nexus 5 in Chicago. the map on Sprint.com shows spark but not for the Nexus 5. This update was supposed to enable that. Could you tell me when that will be available? 60640 is the Zip Code.

Master

LODRO,

I'm happy to check! What are your closest cross streets? Let us know.

Jacque
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I live in Nashville,TN still haven't got the update hopefully soon.

Journeyman

I also received the update to 4.4.3 and I was also expecting better performance from spark on the nexus 5, but instead it just camps out on 3G. I can confirm spark has been activated on this phone because when I toggle airplane mode it goes on to LTE band 26 (800 MHz) or band 41 (2500 MHz) which it never happened before the update, however it only stays on LTE for only short period of time before jumping back onto 3G. This happens at home and when i drive around the neighborhood. I live in the Bronx (10469) on Paulding ave and 220th street and voice service is also very unstable there.

Master

PRODEQ12,

Thanks for the location info. When was the update in question received? The last update in our system for this device was in December of last year. For the mean time if you switch the device to CDMA only, your issues may be alleviated.

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

Actually the latest update was on 6/2.

I've had it for a couple days but still no luck catching Band 26 or Band 41,
here in upper Manhattan. My cross streets range from 193st and St. Nicholas
to Wadsworth Terrace. No luck catching Sprint Spark so far. Can someone tell
me what's my closest tower and if that tower is even equipped with Tri-band Spark
to begin with? Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

rock3ta,
The closest tower is off of W 190th St & Saint Nicholas Ave. It is not yet equipped with the Spark service yet. You can access Spark South West of your intersection, close to W 184th St and Broadway. Also, on sprint.com/coverage you can find out what type of service is available in specific areas.
Let us know if you have anymore questions.
Yannick Social Care
Journeyman

The update came OTA yesterday KTU84M. If i set it to "CDMA only" it will kill LTE service completely on the nexus 5.

Journeyman

In SNJ on credo and no update yet Smiley Sad

Journeyman

11226 linden blvd and nostrand  and also 10036 46 street and 11th ave

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat