cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 - 4 months later, still no LTE in an (verified) LTE-enabled market

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5 - 4 months later, still no LTE in an (verified) LTE-enabled market

When will you get some technicians to enable eCSFB?!?!?!?!!? What is preventing this? Is it technically not-feasible with the current equipment? Give me some details already......

Portland, OR 97213 zip code.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I would love to know too. I got a text message a few weeks back saying LTE upgrades were being finalized in my area but still 3G city wide on my Nexus 5 because of the lack of eCFSB support and a major gap in upgraded towers with lots still being 3G only.

Highlighted
Master

IHeartFirefox-

Greetings and thanks so much for the post! We've made some great headway in Portland and we're continuing to do so! Which part of the city are you located in? I'd be glad to take a look and see where we are with our network upgrades.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

We're both on the East side of Portland, OR. I know for a fact that there are active LTE towers because I used to own an EVO 4G LTE. For the active tower with 4G, try SE 22nd and Gladstone.

Highlighted
Master

storreypdx,

Thank you for the response and for providing that location information. After checking into your area, I see that your most direct tower is equipped for 4GLTE. Just to clarify, do these issues mainly happen in your home? Also, please keep in mind that you have neighboring towers that are still being upgraded to 4GLTE, which would explain the loss of LTE when leaving your home area.

I look forward to your response.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used to own an HTC EVO 4G LTE and it definitely picked up LTE at the location I provided above (2215 SE Gladstone St, Portland, OR 97202). I was not inquiring about my house as I don't believe there are any active LTE towers there yet. The only way I can get LTE on my Google Nexus 5 is to get into the test menu and force it to "LTE", which, by default switches off CDMA. That means I can get LTE (which is still pretty lame at ~2Mbps compared to about ~12Mbps on my work T-mobile iPhone) and not receive calls (because CDMA is switched off). I believe that eCFSB still hasn't been fixed. Can you escalate this to a technician so he can explain it to you? I am worried that customer service reps are not being provided with this important information and it is causing a lot of people to get pissed off (like myself) when we're told there are not any issues......the customer care reps are (a) clueless (perhaps because they haven't been trained to acknowledge this particular issue) or (b) blatantly lying to protect Sprint. (not trying to insult you....but I've probably had about 10 responses telling me that they can't see an issue in my location)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Copying this over:

storreypdx,

Not sure if it helps much but I called 866-561-0035 which is Sprint's executive office and provided account info and my cross streets and they basically told me despite the text message from Sprint saying the network would be finished in our area by end of month that thats not the reality. They told me the towers nearest me would see upgrades start in April and finish around May but there were some towers that wouldn't be started till May and finished till June.

So basically the varying time frames continue to get pushed out... The good news is that for the past six months I had 25% discount they gave me for terrible service and the executive office gave me three months credit so I wont have a bill again until May when he thinks my issues will mostly be resolved in 97213. He said if they are still not resolved then that he would look at more credits.

He also said not to rely on the information that the lower tier online CSR's provide because its mostly script based and high level time frames.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you! I've already got an employee discount but will be calling the executive offices......it's a travesty that they haven't publicly acknowledged the issues on this board.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat