cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Activation Fee? - Google Play Store

Highlighted
Wizard

Nexus 5 Activation Fee? - Google Play Store

Is there a activation fee for the Nexus 5 coming from the Google Play Store? I'm not adding a line, just swapping phones and paying the full retail price. I've been told there won't be (been noted in account) and some said there will be.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

That is a good question.

I will like to know also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've purchased phones from Amazon and such and never paid an activation fee. Trick is to do it online at sprint.com/activation end of story.

Like I've killed a phone by dropping it in a cement mixer (yes I trashed a phone that way) and re-activated an old standby phone in no time at all.

The Nexus 5 looks like a screamer!

Highlighted
Wizard

Even a brand new one that hasn't been activated already?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I replaced my standby phone with a brand new spanking phone once it arrived from Amazon this last time.  I don't buy used devices as I rely on them so much that I have two activated phones with me at all times.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Phones require sim cards and aren't the same as just being able to go to the web and enter the number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just activated an EVO 4G LTE for my wife and and it was up and running in less than 60 seconds over the web.  Yes it has a SIM as you call it. It's actually a USIM or IMSI card. Sprint uses LTE OTA Provisioning.

Highlighted
Wizard

After many calls to Customer Service, I was able to get an answer to this. Any type of phone that is new and bought directly from the Manufacture does not have an activation fee applied to it, since its not from Sprint. But to ensure that this was true, and I wouldn't end up getting a bill of $36 because Sprint loves to say a lot of things to customers and no honor them. I had it noted and requested the reference number for future references.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking for a Nexus 5 from the Play Store and don't want to pay the $36 fee.

Highlighted

Seank_,

Thanks for posting.

I just wanted to clarify, are you fully eligible?

And also, what is the Google play store showing you is full retail for the Nexus 5?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

GeorgeELMSNY wrote:

Seank_,

Thanks for posting.

I just wanted to clarify, are you fully eligible?

And also, what is the Google play store showing you is full retail for the Nexus 5?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Fully eligible for an upgrade? Have about 7 more months till I can consider upgrading.

$349.00

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat