cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Connectivity Confusion

Journeyman

Nexus 5 Connectivity Confusion

Less than a week and I'm ready to throw my brand new phone against the wall. I connect to LTE perfectly until I make a phone call, then my phone switches to roaming. Oh and if I try to receive a call, unless the phone is already unlocked it will not answer. When I slide the circle over to the green, it jumps back to the center then gets stuck and all I can do is restart the phone. Come to find out unless I put my phone in 3G only mode, I have to suffer through what seems to be something that should have been handled 3 months ago. Seems to me 2 companies need to get there acts together because I didn't pay a whole bunch of money to google and I don't pay a whole bunch of money to sprint every month to have to deal with this!

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Nexus 5 Connectivity Confusion

exXzZz,

Thanks for reaching out. Other Sprint users also reported having this issue and we're able to fix it by changing the following settings. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile Networks. In the Mobile network settings menu, change Network Mode to Global, change System Select to Automatic.

*Jathen

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

So, doors this enable roaming while in the middle of a Sprint coverage area? Should I brace for a huge bill at the end of the month?

Master

Dolfingirl, Some roaming is included as part of your plan, and it's a pretty hefty amount, so you should be ok. For more specifics about roaming, please check out the information posted here: bit.ly/1qURKi5

I see, however, that we're talking to you in this thread https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/753068#753068 about some other issues going on with the phone and (possibly more likely) the area where the problems occur. I don't want us to start down two different paths here and end up confusing the matter more, so I highly encourage you to participate with us over in your original thread. We'll be more than happy to continue to assist and find you a resolution.

*Christy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Understand. That's why I limited the response to just roaming charges to the thread which suggested the automatic network selection.

Master

DOLFINGIRL,

That makes perfect sense, now that you explain it. We'd be more than happy to take a look at your particular plan details to find out the specifics regarding your roaming limits. Do you happen to remember what plan you're on?

*Christy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Everything Data Share 1500

Master

OK, great. So, as long as you stay under 300MB of data and 800 minutes when roaming, there should be no impact at all to you. If you start exceeding that, we'll send you a warning letter and if it were to go on for an extended period, your service could be terminated, but I fully believe we'll get this sorted long before that happens. - Christy - Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

That's good news. Thanks.

Master

DOLFINGIRL,

Keep us posted and feel free to post if you have any more questions. Have a great day.

Lucia
Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat