cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5: Duplicate texts

Journeyman

Nexus 5: Duplicate texts

I've been receiving duplicate texts from multiple contacts on my phone. Looking at 10-15 duplicate texts all coming in about every few minutes. I've power cycled my phone a few times as well as did a factory reset. Phone issue or service?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Nexus 5: Duplicate texts

Javii86,

We are happy to look into this! We would like to check out the network in your area. What is your zip code and some close cross streets? Also, is this happening with every text sent from those numbers? Are those numbers Sprint users as well? When did this issue begin?

Patrick L
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5: Duplicate texts

I've had a similar issue, with my nexus 6. Although,in reverse. I would text non-sprint phones and sprint phones a like, and they would reply "why are you sending duplicate texts?". I noticed it didn't happen every time, but when it did the status of my text message would say sending for several seconds and then show sent. I've contacted Google about the issue at first, upon their diagnosis; they said it wasn't my phone but my carrier (sprint) which I wasn't so sure of, since my previous phone worked fine. After some updates it seemed to have stopped. Not sure if these are at all related, but my issue went away without contacting sprint..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat