cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5, Kit Kat 4.4.2, Unable to setup Exchange/Corporate Email

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5, Kit Kat 4.4.2, Unable to setup Exchange/Corporate Email

I got a brand new Nexus phone today and I am unable to setup my corporate email. I used the settings that are on my old phone which is an older Android (HTC EVO). I've done some searching and it appears other folks are having trouble too. I've tried changing my username to domain\username and /username as some posts suggest but it still does not work. Does anyone know what is going on? It works on my older Android fine and it works for several co-workers that have older OS versions so I'm assuming this is a problem with kit kat... I MUST be able to access my work email, calendar,  contacts, and use Lync so I'm planning to return the phone...  Does anyone know where I can find a known bugs list??

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5, Kit Kat 4.4.2, Unable to setup Exchange/Corporate Email

Journeyman

So, I was able to get my exchange setup to work by installing the Lync 2013 chat client... It has more options for connecting to the exchange server than the email client does so I was able to configure it and then it would let me configure exchange. Hope this helps others.

Master

m-dub1,

Thank you for your posts and the subsequent resolution.  This information is very helpful and we are glad that you have contributed to our community as it has already benefitted others looking to resolve their issues with the email exchange.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat