cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 - No LTE + other problems

Highlighted
Patron

Nexus 5 - No LTE + other problems

I have a nexus 5 that i activated a little less than a week ago. It has been working fine most of the time until yesterday.

My phone only connects to 3G network. I tried updating PRL and Profile. My phone is also set to LTE under preferred network settings.

My sister has a Galaxy S3, we live under the same roof and her phone shows a LTE connection. Whats going on?

Also my Nexus 5 does not notify me when i receive a voicemail. I do not want to use google voice because it may affects other peoples mobile to mobile minute usage.

Is there a voicemail app i can download to use?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Master

xBabb,

Hello. Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I'll do everything I can to help. Please turn off the device for 2 minutes, then turn it back on. Let me know if that helps. Also, there are some options for your voicemail to be found in the Google Play store.
Thank you,
Ivan

Highlighted
Patron

That did not work either. I shut my phone off for 30 minutes. I read something online about this happening to sprint phones with tri band. I'm assuming my nexus is affected by the same issue that other trip band phone owners are experiencing. Are you guys aware and working on a fix?

Highlighted
Patron

Untitled.png 3G all day, all over town. When ever i do manage to get LTE it has 1 bar on the signal meter. The triangle with the exclamation also been popping up all day, Telling me that I lost data connection.

Highlighted
Master

xBabb, 

Thanks for the responses. With these new tri-band devices we have enabled a new technology called eCSFB(enhanced circuit switch fallback). In order for tri-band devices to pick up LTE this technology must be detected. eCSFB allows for the transition between LTE and voice calls to be very smooth. The good news is that most of the markets that have been officially launched with LTE have had this implemented. If you’re in a market that hasn’t been officially launched then you may not pick up LTE. To ensure that you’re in a market that has been officially launched please review sprint.com/coverage and verify the LTE coverage available in your area. 

Eduardo 
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am most definitely in an area with LTE -97213  (Portland, OR). Several of my friends have devices (HTC Ones) that DO get LTE where I only get 3G on my Nexus 5. In fact, I upgraded from an HTC EVO 4G LTE which had been getting LTE to a Google Play Nexus 5 which makes things even more frustrating. I am pi$$ed. When will eCSFB be turned on? Or do you actually have to upgrade equipment AGAIN? In that case, it will probably be another 2 years or so. Can someone at LEAST say Q2 or something that will prevent me switching? That's one of the reasons I got the Nexus....it can easily be moved to TMobile or AT&T. It's embarrassing that I use my work-provided iPhone on T-mobile to get a decent connection on my Nexus (using the iPhone LTE hotspot).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like storreypdx am in Portland, OR which was officially launch months ago and I can assure you that eCSFB.

Highlighted
Master

storreypdx

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. 

We certainly want to take a closer look into you affected area. For the status of the eCSFB (enhanced circuit switch fallback) I would first need to see how LTE is positioned in your area.

Please provide the zip codes and nearest cross streets to the troubled areas.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Zena
Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

All of Portland......but more specifically 97213. SE Burnside and 43rd.

Highlighted
Master

storreypdx

Thank you the reply.

I am not seeing where LTE is had been fully deployed in the area. The good news, there are towers which are scheduled to commence upgrades in upcoming weeks, so you will see a change. However, you will not be able to experience the full effects of the device until the enhancements are completed. 

The only tower that I am showing as LTE capable is in the 97220 area.

Zena
Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

1-9-2014 12-11-58 PM.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also in 97213 and live at 78th and NE Glisan and service is terrible here. On the Sprint News you guys announced Network Vision as being live in Portland, OR and the coverage map shows good LTE coverage across pretty much the entire city but now your saying "I am not seeing where LTE is had been fully deployed in the area."

So which is it because I have called in and been told my neighborhood is upgraded already and yet on here you says its not.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat