cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 - No LTE + other problems

Highlighted
Patron

Nexus 5 - No LTE + other problems

I have a nexus 5 that i activated a little less than a week ago. It has been working fine most of the time until yesterday.

My phone only connects to 3G network. I tried updating PRL and Profile. My phone is also set to LTE under preferred network settings.

My sister has a Galaxy S3, we live under the same roof and her phone shows a LTE connection. Whats going on?

Also my Nexus 5 does not notify me when i receive a voicemail. I do not want to use google voice because it may affects other peoples mobile to mobile minute usage.

Is there a voicemail app i can download to use?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Care,

I just bought a Red 32GB Nexus 5. Got the SIM card installed and activate at a Sprint store tuesday. My friend has the white Nexus 5. We are in zipcode 32819 (Orlando). We have our tri-band radio settings the same and with him holding his phone in his left hand and my phone in his right hand, his phone is on LTE downloading at 18MB and I'm on 3G. I've updated PRL and Profile numerous times. My phone has rarely gone to LTE. He just got 59MB down an hour ago. I get 0.6MB. Suggestions please before I return this phone to Google. Could Sprint have installed a SIM card not made for the Nexus 5? I tried the 2 minute power off suggested above to no avail.

Brad

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd be interested in finding out whether there's a difference between the Sprint version and the Google Play version (with a Sprint SIM installed). I wouldn't think so but maybe there is something amiss.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zena,

Any feedback on the map I posted? It shows LTE across most of Portland......no Spark, but active LTE. I think eCFSB is still the culprit.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just looked up the SIM card Sprint installed in my phone and it says it is for the Nexus 5. Still got no clue why my buddy's phone rocks LTE while I'm stuck on 3G or 1X.

Highlighted
Master

storreypdx

I wanted to follow up with you regarding your service and LTE coverage in your area. I was able to check you are and I saw that there is some LTE coverage but there are also some areas that have not been upgraded as yet. Upgrading in some of these areas will commence within the next 90 days.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Thanks for reaching out bts4

Can you please try dialing *#*#SCRTN#*#* the phone will then reset the network, this is the connection to the tower. Let me know if this helps at all.

Krishel

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare wrote:

...Upgrading in some of these areas will commence within the next 90 days.

Omar
Sprint Social Care

Wow, thanks for vague statements. This is getting ridiculous. You launch a phone 4 months ago to a network that doesn't support it and you promise us upgrades after upgrades to our network over the past 4 months and this is the best you can come up with? "SOME" "WILL COMMENCE" "WITHIN THE NEXT 90 DAYS"

Frustrated Long Term Customer!

Highlighted
Master

bitterpeanut,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear this is frustrating you so much. We are working as fast as quality allows. You can keep up with the progress of the upgrades by checking the link: www.sprint.com/network

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am guessing that the network link above shows LTE coverage in Portland.....but it doesn't address eCSFB issues related to newer tri-band phones. That is what is so friggin frustrating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

storreypdx,

Not sure if it helps much but I called 866-561-0035 which is Sprint's executive office and provided account info and my cross streets and they basically told me despite the text message from Sprint saying the network would be finished in our area by end of month that thats not the reality. They told me the towers nearest me would see upgrades start in April and finish around May but there were some towers that wouldn't be started till May and finished till June.

So basically the varying time frames continue to get pushed out... The good news is that for the past six months I had 25% discount they gave me for terrible service and the executive office gave me three months credit so I wont have a bill again until May when he thinks my issues will mostly be resolved in 97213. He said if they are still not resolved then that he would look at more credits.

He also said not to rely on the information that the lower tier online CSR's provide because its mostly script based and high level time frames.

Highlighted
Master

storeeypdx,

The coverage map online updates when a good portion of the towers are complete and the rest are fairly close to completion.  There are quite a few tower surrounding the zip and cross streets you provided but the towers that service your direct area are currently in the process of converting to Network Vision which includes LTE.

I do suggest turning LTE off on you phone and putting your phone on CDMA only to avoid any issues with your other services. Follow that with a profile update.

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I checked the coverage map and found that I should have good Spark coverage and poor voice coverage. I like to use my phone to make phone calls but it often will not make or receive a call. What good is a good data connection if it does not allow you to make a call. I have the LG G2 and am have the problems with the phone switching ability. I use cable for my internet. I want a phone to make phone calls.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat