Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 + SIM card only providing 3G - no LTE

180 REPLIES
Master

Re: Nexus 5 + SIM card only providing 3G - no LTE

Jeff0469

Thanks for posting Jeff0469. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, updates will be pushed accordingly to the nexus to fix any issues. Are you experiencing connection issues with your Iphone 4s And With the Galaxy SII as well? Please let us know; we want to help.

Josmary

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

No it's not that, in using the SG4 Sim card & everything works perfect. I get LTE,3G & voice at the same time,I think you need a spring customer care two to fix the settings in person. I watched how they did it and two main things they did was set up Wi-Fi for entering some info & the second that I think is really important is they shit the phone off, did a master reset then inserted the iucc sim card then turned the phone back on on. The master reset with the Sim inside the phone I believe makes a big difference since the phone is setting itself up for the first time & with a spring sim card it might of set things up different from a GSM Sim card. Try it... Back up the important stuff first.

Master

Re: Nexus 5 SIM card only providing 3G - no LTE

Jonathan.Q,

Hi there. It appears that the moderators have gotten to this before me. Can you please send us a Private Message with your info. We would be happy to work on this with you. Include your Phone number, PIN code and a brief description of what is going on. We are here for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Here's my phone info, connected three a spring corporate store, if anyone live in NYC I can give then the address to the store & they'll get your nexus 5 connected to sorting if you want.  Here's the pic. DropBox link with photo:

[Personal Information Removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Journeyman

It's not with the 32 GB N5 models specifically, I ordered my 32 GB N5 from the playstore & brought my GS4 iucc sim card & they activated it for me. Instantly after the first restart we used the corporate sorting stores Wi-Fi access to enter some info & then I instantly had lte first & 3G as I moved deeper into the sprint store. So it's not just with the 32 GB version it's just the settings, he did manually enter data for about what seemed 15 to 20 minutes straight. So I'm sure it's either some customer Care reps don't really know out don't know at all... This is the first unlocked androids they've dealt with. I'm assuming.

Master

RAZMAN1983,

I understand how frustrating it is waiting for LTE. We are working as quickly as possible to upgrade the 36,202 towers that need upgrading to LTE. Unfortuantely this will take time. If you are having issues with your service I would be happy to look into the issues for you. Just let me know.

Thank you
*Stephanie
Sprint Social Care Team

Master

xBabb,

Thank you for letting us know what service issues you're having. I looked into the general area and found some issues. Let me narrow down the search a bit. What is the zip code and cross streets where this is happening to you? Please let me know.
Thank you,
Ivan

Journeyman

Don't bother contacting sprint. All they'll tell you is 'oh they are upgrading the towers near by and will start within the next 3 months'. I was deceived into buying a new lte phone due to the chat rep telling me i have 4g lte in my area and then when I got it it never worked. Rep tells me towers won't START upgrading within 3 months..which means it can take up to half a year or more knowing how slow sprint works. Don't believe the map coverage either. That's what they WANT the coverage to be and what it WILL be in the future, so just shows you how much sprint lies. I had people on at&t and verizon come into my home and have full 4G lte service, whereas I was on crappy 3g the entire time. Does not make any sense. I also upgraded my phone to get the nexus 5 and signed a 2 year contract again....will definitely be trying to get out of it and switching over asap. Just need to find another provider that has nexus 5.

Journeyman

Untitled.pngNo LTE here either. What is going on? My phone worked fine the other day. Now i've had this 2 days straight. 3G all day everywhere. Whenever i do manage to force an LTE signal it is less than 1mbps connection and it switches back to 3G soon after.

Journeyman

Hi, i also have a Nexus 5 phone. I am also experiencing the same problem. No LTE and very weak signal, losing data connection.
I live in San Antonio, Texas.