cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Sprint Spark

Journeyman

Nexus 5 Sprint Spark

When will the update for the Nexus allowing the phone to connect on all three bands of LTE be coming to us.  The phone has been out for a few months now and we are still unable to take advantage of the Spark network.

16 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Nexus 5 Sprint Spark

Early 2014 is what was provided so far. Remember that Google will be releasing the update, not Sprint.

Master

slang585,

I'm sorry for any delays in receiving your software update to access our new Spark network.  Hang in there it shouldn't be much longer, let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

David,  thanks for the update!  Do you have any details?  The PRL on my phone was updated yesterday I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Craig

Wizard

cbalter5031 wrote:

The PRL on my phone was updated yesterday I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Craig

Many other phones did too, like the iPhone and G2. So its not really much of a sign anyways.

PRL=Primary Roaming List

It is a list of non-Sprint towers your phone can connect to for roaming. It has nothing to do with service on Sprint towers.

Master

cbalter5031,

We don't have any new details at this time.

Dania
Social Care
Journeyman

Where is the Spark Update ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master

sprintuser3576,

The Spark update for the Nexus 5 will be here soon. We don't have the exact date at this time.

Dania
Social Care
Master

Seank_:

PRL updates may actually happen more frequently than realized. They serve to keep the device updated with regards to contacting the towers of other carriers while not on the Sprint network. Unfortunately, we do not get much, if any, advanced notice as to when device updates will be pushed. You can, however, keep an eye on www.Sprint.com/Newsroom as it may be announced there once a date or date range is set.

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

Seank_:

PRL updates may actually happen more frequently than realized.  They serve to keep the device updated with regards to contacting the towers of other carriers while not on the Sprint network.  Unfortunately, we do not get much, if any, advanced notice as to when device updates will be pushed.  You can, however, keep an eye on www.Sprint.com/Newsroom as it may be announced there once a date or date range is set.  

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team

I'm aware, I was just noting that just because you get a PRL update, doesn't mean Sprint Spark is coming in the next day or so. That's what I was trying to refer to.

Master

Seank_:

I got you. I apologize if I misunderstood your intent. I can't wait for Sprint Spark myself. But, my particular area has not been updated to LTE yet. Techs are, however, around here prepping the towers for the upgrades to start. So, since I've waited this long for LTE Spark will be a breeze. Please let us know if we can answer anything else or address any other concerns. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.