cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Receive a call, let it go to voicemail and it won't show any type of voicemail notification. Have to dial 1 to go into voicemail to check if I have a voicemail. Can't do Google Voice, because it doesn't work in Puerto Rico. My last Android phone (Gingerbread 2.3) at least I received a visual notification that I had voicemail. Now nada. Besides Google Voice, anyone receives a voicemail notificaction? Any ideas?

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually have the opposite issue, I get visual notification of a voicemail, and I can't clear it. Rebooting the phone does seem to clear it, but I doubt there is anything Sprint can do about it since this phone isn't produced by Sprint, there's no sprint apps on it. The only other weird thing I notice is that when I have a voicemail notification, it says to dial *86 to check voicemail, which is clearly not how you get there on the sprint network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What sprint needs to do is provide an application that can access their voicemail.  No phones are produced by sprint, but they provide voicemail apps. WHile you can use third party ones. I don't want to have to route my voicemessages to an outside company. It seems like handling voice messages is part of the service we are paying for

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am brand new to Sprint.  Moved my service to support a home-town provider.  I got the new Nexus 5 and am fairly happy with the phone, but I'm totally frustrated with NO VOICEMAIL NOTIFICATION.  This is not OK.  I don't have time to constantly manually check to see if I have a voicemail.

When is the fix coming on this huge issue??

Highlighted
Wizard

The last time I had issue with VVM on Sprint, I was using CM rom on HTC EVO 4G

xda-developers is where you can find individual working on this kind of issue.

I looks like I am going to hold off on transferring my line back to Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are no options on xda as of now to resolve the situation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

XDA is not the correct group to fix this. This is a Sprint App. Sprint should be fixing it. It would be nice if they at least responded that they have something in the works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is not a sprint app either.

It's a google issue with this phone. It's happening across other mobile carriers too... not just Sprint.

Google is aware of this issue and needs to provide a phone update

Highlighted
Journeyman

ITs a joint issue, read on another forum that Sprint and Google are working on fixes.  It would be nice if someone from sprint would be monitoring the forum and let us know what the ETA is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I asked today and they don't have one

Highlighted
Journeyman

bump. Still no fix or ETA of fix

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is reportedly resolved with the 4.4.1 update that started rolling out yesterday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone installed 4.4.2 and have fixed voicemail notifications? installed it but it still doesn't work.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat