cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Have 4.4.2 running, still no VMI.

Looks like I'll still have to use a third-party SMS app that doesn't drop the empty messages from  to know I've received voicemail.  (Going to try uninstalling said app, "just in case" simply switching SMS back to Hangouts wasn't enough--will update shortly.)

Would love to see a Sprint VVM in the Play Store for Nexus 5:  Google Voice does some things I don't like--in particular, it turns some of my most frequent callers (from behind PABX systems, as it happens) into "unknown"--and I don't need the other features, since this is my *only* personal phone.

Journeyman

Voicemail notification still isn't working after 4.4.2.

Journeyman

Even removing other SMS apps AND using Hangouts, under 4.4.2, VMI notifications are still lost.

Reinstalling my other app--back to relying on counting texts from 9479.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think that we now need voicemail app from sprint. Or a third party one that says it will catch the VM text and work for us

Journeyman

I got an os update a few days ago.  I now get notification of voice mail.

Journeyman

DO you keep your voice mail on sprint or are you forwarding it to one of the other services to use an app?

Journeyman

Hey Jacpr,

Not sure if you are having the vm problem still.. I too was having the problem because i have a PR number but live in NY.. I have tried a couple of things and have youmail voicemail working pretty well on my nexus 5. Give it a try.. After you set it up by inputting your assigned voice mail number into the nexus 5 voice mail settings (the youmail system will give you an error when testing but test it by calling yourself and leaving a message after everything is set up) best of luck..

Journeyman

Well this update didn't solve the problem with the voicemail. The other day I found an old voicemail waiting because I didn't received any notification.

Master

Jacpr,

Thanks for the post, my apologies for the issue. I do see that this was a known issue, however the latest update is aimed to provide a fix to the issue. Just so we can be clear, when looking at the software version of the device, does it display KOT49H?

Eduardo 
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Eduardo

Will Sprint let their Voicemail App work on this phone?

Master

dfp123, 

Just so I can understand, you're asking to our voicemail app? If so, currently I don't have any information available. 

Eduardo 
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Voicemail notifications still not working on version 4.4.2 (build KOT49H)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat