cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

We cannt even get anyone from sprint to respond to the problem.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/WDTLO-IoJeU%5B1-25-false%5D

It's not a Sprint problem. Doesn't even seem to be a Nexus 5 problem. People with the Nexus 4 are reporting the same issue after getting the KitKat update. Lots of people on many different carriers are having this issue.

Journeyman

So basically you are saying sprint hasn't given anyone any response.  They sell the phone and we are under contract with Sprint.,  They  are ignore the issues that people are having with voicemail.

Not sure what you expect them to say. There isn't anything they can do about it but tell Google...which you can do also just like many other people on other carriers and other phones with KitKat have done.

Journeyman

Any update if this is going to be fixed someday?

Journeyman

WRONG. Sprint is the ONLY provider that still has this problem. Google Groups

Don't wait for Sprint, find a work around. I know better after the extreme lack of support for their first Windows Phone I mistakenly bought.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My only guess is Sprint uses some sort of non-standard method to communicate to a non visual-voicemail phone that there is a voicemail on their system, as other carriers seem to be getting the notifications just fine since the update. I'm sure they could work with Google to get this resolved, but clearly they don't seem to care. Not to mention the fact that the other big 3 carriers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile) all offer a visual-voicemail app on Google Play, allowing customers to get visual-voicemail on phones that don't have it pre-installed. Sprint does not. Between this and Sprint's lackluster data speed, I will probably be switching to T-Mobile after 10+ years of being a Sprint customer.

Master

Infinity003,

Thanks for the reply. I understand your frustration and Google and Sprint are working to get the issue settled.  The problem was first addressed with the KOT49H update of KOT49E which was released with limited success.  The latest technical notes show that a permanent solution is still being sought so that voicemail notifications are visible when a message is left.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

I Downloaded YouMail from the Market and that is working for me if anybody wants to try it. Its really easy to set up. Only took me about 2 minutes

Journeyman

I don't want to forward my voicemail to a third party.

Is sprint going to provide a voicemail app?  Is sprint going to answer the question on if they are going to provide a voice mail app?

Journeyman

dfp123 wrote:

I don't want to forward my voicemail to a third party.

Is sprint going to provide a voicemail app?  Is sprint going to answer the question on if they are going to provide a voice mail app?

Use the Google Voice app, works for me.

If you don't want to rely on Google for the phone's services, you might want to swap to another device.

Master

dfp123

At this time we are still working to fix for this issue. At the time of release visual voicemail was not included on the device because through testing we found it not compatible. 

Until a solution is made, the suggestions mentioned by other users are a great alternative. YouMail, Google Voice, and even Visual Voicemail Plus from PhoneFusion would be a good.

Please let me know of any further concerns in regards to this.

Zena

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat