cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Master

Re: Nexus 5 Voicemail Notification not working

Jacpr, That sounds concerning and I can understand your frustration. This is a device known issue since October 2013. Google has addressed this issue with the release of software version KOT49H. Update your device to the latest to the most current version of software. - Jeffery Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am a Nexus 5 users since it was launched in Nov 2013. None of the software updates ever fixed the voice-mail notification and indicator issue even after following with customer service/s team several time and Google support exchanging with a new replacement device. After a stern follow-up early Jun when KTU84M did not resolve and raising this to higher support level within Sprint network team, today this issue of VM indicator and notification has been solved and its working fine now (06/25).

And i would like to share that the underlying issue is configuration at Sprint's end in their voice-mail delivery configuration setting for this type (Nexus 5) of device (as this has both GSM & CDMA capability which requires some additional field configuration). I advised to the SME who worked with me in resolving this issue to flag known issue and let sprint customer support/1st level team know, so they are able to assist in resolving it to other customers who still have the issue and avoid frustrations. Finally after 8 months this got resolved

best rgds.

Master

Indeed, Balram_Tiwary, after much research (and we apologize for the time it took to find the needle in the haystack), we have identified and corrected the underlying issue affecting a subset of our Google Nexus 5 subscribers. So glad to hear it's working for you! - Christy
Journeyman

So what is the solution and how do I get it?

On my (Google Play store bought) Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4 I have a voicemail notification that doesn't want to go away.

How can that be fixed?

Master

GaryPR787,

How long has the notification been there? If the notification is still there after clicking on it, updating the profile and power cycling the device, we will next try resetting the Voicemail. To do this we will need to have you PM us with your Phone number, Pin number and a link to this thread>https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314. Please note that resetting the voicemail will reset it back to factory defaults and a new password will need to be established.

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The notification was there for four or five days.

I got it go away yesterday by going to app info and  'clear data'. That seems to have worked for now.

If the problem returns I gladly take your offer and will PM you with the info you need.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Master

GaryPR787,

Great, I'm glad to hear it's working now. Have a great day!

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat