cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 cannot answer incoming call

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 cannot answer incoming call

Do I need to perform the *#*#72786#*#* in the location that I'm having the trouble in, or can I perform it anywhere with Sprint coverage?

Master

DOLFINGIRL,

You should only have to do this once, but you will need to be in an area that has Sprint coverage. This is generally meant to reprogram the device and reconnect. When traveling outside your normal area, I might recommend updating profile/prl.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Just did the reset. I'll monitor for a few days.

Journeyman

No immediate fix. I tried to call from a landline. The landline was sent to voicemail after a ring or two, but the cell phone kept ringing. Even after the landline hung up. Sliding to reject the call did nothing. Sliding to answer the call stopped the ringing, but it did not answer the call, and the screen was frozen on the inbound call notification. Only a power cycle could get the phone to respond again.

Master

DOLFINGIRL

Sounds to me like there's some sort of software glitch, the only other thing I can suggest you doing is a factory reset and clear everything on the device starting it as if it were brand new. Or visit one of our services and repair centers and have them run a diagnostic on the equipment.

Clyde

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just a minute ago, I tested with the same landline as last night. I could receive a call this time. The only difference I see is time of day, and my phone displays 3G today instead of LTE last night. No factory reset was performed. I'll keep monitoring.

Master

DOLFINGIRL

Thank you for keeping me posted. I know a factory reset never seem fun but with the nexus 5 it is really easy to backup all your information and apps http://bit.ly/Ny9pfG the link talks about contacts but the method works the same for everything on the device. Let me know how things go, I'll keep an eye out on the network just in case as well.

Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Nexus 5 will not allow me to answer a call, nor will it notify me of a call. PRL updated  Profile updated. Problem still exists. Otherwise love the phone.  QUESTION:  Is this a software problem will Google can fix via some future update, or is it a hardware problem and the phone must be replaced? Please get answer from someone other than Clyde (nice guy I'm sure) but an answer like "sounds to me like a software problem...." is not the level of technical support this problem deserves for the Nexus 5 no-answer issue is a problem being reported by many users on other forums as well. Please get info directly from Google re their diagnosis and when they will have a software patch available. Or, if Google says, with certainty, that this is a random, but numerous, hardware problem, I will then know how to proceed: ----just live with the problem of everyone going to voicemail (geez, maybe not a bad decision for me afterall) or go thru the hassle of getting a new phone. (and it is a hassle for me, I live on a remote island and it takes a whole day round trip to get to the Sprint store)

Master

scout1031,

Just did some quick researching on the internet and I'm seeing this issue happening on multiple carriers, and not just here in the US. Troubleshooting question for you: If you turn the LTE off on the device and switch it over to 3g only, would you still miss the calls or do they come through?

This is just my first step diagnosis, and cannot guarantee it'll work (nor saying it's a long term solution, but something to test.)

Let us know how that goes.

Thank you,
*Shannon
Social Care
Journeyman

Something similar happened with my Nexus 5. My brother found this link. Followed it to the T. It worked. Check it out. Hope it works for your issue!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/sprint-enable-tri-band-lte-n5-t2530061

Journeyman

I'm so fed up with this phone and Sprint's network.  Same issues here (standard, right?).  With LTE enabled, I cannot make or receive phone calls.  Matter of fact, Sprint had a heck of a time activating the phone properly from the beginning.  Now I am forced to only enable 3G because I need to be able to use the phone as a phone. (shocking, I know)

I got so frustrated I finally drove an hour to the nearest Sprint repair center... and of course it worked perfectly there.  So the issue is with the local towers around my home. (north side of York PA).  After extensive reading and research I believe it is a complete failure of the eCSFB mechanism required for the tri-band phone on the local network.

T-mobile is looking really good right now...

Master

Liner81, I am truly sorry you're having this issue and would like to help. To better assist you please provide the zip code and cross streets. I know you mentioned (north side of York PA) but I would like to have more of a specific area (without you giving us your address of course). This will allow me to check the towers servicing that area and provide troubleshooting steps. Thanks! Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.