cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 cannot answer incoming call

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 cannot answer incoming call

james ( & everyone else), same problem, this worked for me, & i'm in the same vicinity as you;

"before, i noticed the phone app would freeze on incoming calls while parked on lte, the only way of it of the freeze, was a reboot..

selecting 3g, no issue but no lte..

back on lte, more freezing..

under settings in MOBILE NETWORKS then SYSTEM SELECT  then toggling to AUTOMATIC

seemed to clear the issue, (for me)

but i wondered why?"

i made a whole thread on it -

[inappropriate link removed]

please, if anyone tries this & it worked, reply back that it did..

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Having the same issue as the op. Nexus freezes at incoming call. I have to reboot to get out of the phone app. I have noticed that it seems to happen when connected to LTE. My zip code 10710.

Master

KEVINC049

I checked that Zip code and we have several towers in that area, May I have your nearest cross streets as well? I did notice that several towers have recently been upgraded to LTE except 2 and I can bet you may be near one of those towers. Having the problem for weeks is outrageous! Have you called in about that or gone into a repair center? I can tell you we definitely have not have an out for weeks in your area, so there may be something going on with your device. I look forward to your response and getting this worked out. Keep us posted.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I also have this issue every time I'm connected to LTE - dialer screen freezes on incoming calls. I'm in the LA area. Any help with this issue?

Master

jdraket10, I'm sorry for the delay in our response to you!  What troubleshooting have you done so far on the phone?  I would probably start with a network refresh because that sounds as if the phone is having trouble switching back to CDMA from LTE.  From the phone dialer screen hit ##SRTN# and allow the phone to reset the info.  You won't lose files, pictures or other data; it's only the Sprint network settings that are removed and replaced through this process.

Give that a shot and let us know if it's any better afterwards. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am new to this thread but after reading all of it believe I have the same problem wih my Nexus 5. Symptom: if i am not on another application then when Phone rings, i answer, phone hangs up. If I am on another application phone freezes and requires a reboot. The reboot must be accomplished with the charger plugged in or automatic reboot cycles occur. If I get a response from you I will add more and significant debugging data. Duke

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!