cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 doesn't have an IMEI!

Journeyman

Nexus 5 doesn't have an IMEI!

Hi,

I bought Nexus 5 from BestBuy mobile with a contract with Sprint for one year. The contract is finished and I wanted to use my phone on another carrier. When I tried to get the IMEI from the phone, it instead gave me MEID. The other carrier said that my phone has to have an IMEI to work on their network.

Given that Nexus 5 should be unlocked and should work on all GSM and CDMA networks, how do I unlock my device?

It's my device, why in the world did Sprint remove the IMEI number?!

Thanks

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES
Master

Re: Nexus 5 doesn't have an IMEI!

MoyHajjat

Please visit this link http://sprint.co/1dtm0qf for information about unlocking your device.

- Luis
Sprint Social Care

MoyHajjat wrote:

Hi,

I bought Nexus 5 from BestBuy mobile with a contract with Sprint for one year. The contract is finished and I wanted to use my phone on another carrier. When I tried to get the IMEI from the phone, it instead gave me MEID. The other carrier said that my phone has to have an IMEI to work on their network.

Given that Nexus 5 should be unlocked and should work on all GSM and CDMA networks, how do I unlock my device?

It's my device, why in the world did Sprint remove the IMEI number?!

Thanks

Settings -> About phone -> Status

IMEI will be listed along with the MEID. The MEID is just the IMEI minus the last number.

Journeyman

Way more helpful than Sprint's customer service representative. Thanks, found it! I thought the *#06 was the only way!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.