cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5: no sms

Master

Re: Nexus 5: no sms

Meierben33 - Does this issue occur when you're at home only or is it everywhere you go that you're unable to send and receive sms? If it happens everywhere you go, I'd recommend that you take the phone to a service and repair center to have it checked out. Please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator to find the nearest service and repair center.

Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi!  I'm having this same issue with my Google Nexus 5.  I live in Overland Park, KS, 66210.  I my phone shows that I send SMS, but no one receives it.  Alternatively, I have not received an SMS since Sunday, December 7.  It appears the workaround is to merge with GV, although that is difficult for me as I have a separate GV number and merging my Sprint number would disable the old one.  I see that the advice is also to take it to a Sprint center, which is fine, but I wanted to post in case this problem was more widespread.  Thanks!

Master

Prenti2,

Can you narrow down your location to the nearest cross streets? - Crystal G
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My nexus 5 also cannot send or receive SMS. I can send and receive MMS. Zip code 60656 near Harlem Ave and Higgins. I haven't merged with GV as this created other issues and SMS has been working fine until recently. SMS does not work over LTE or WI-FI.

Master

BrodskyMB - We checked the location provided and found no open issues. We have reported this to our network team. We can assure you they will work diligently to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. We want you to do some troubleshooting on your device also. Please click on the following link http://bit.ly/1isQFYi for instructions. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Lost SMS on my Nexus 5 around Dec 7th as well - can't send or receive. Calls and data work fine. Looks like it works, but doesn't work. Tried restarting, updating everything, etc no bueno. Tried changing my SMS app to Google messenger from Hangouts - didn't help. Will try reinstalling Voice and see if that helps. Seems like a bad update on either Sprint or Google's end.

Orange Ave & 5th 92118 is my location because I know you'll ask.

Master

notapunk75, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. If this issue occurred after the software update, I recommend you to complete a hard reset. - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

"Hard reset"?

I've already tried turning it off then on again.

Also re-installed Google Voice, hopefully this helps.

This seems to be an issue that happened to a lot of Nexus 5 users on Sprint at the same time.

Master

notapunk75, The hard reset will have your device go back to it's factory settings. When a software update interrupt certain features, a hard reset usually resolves the issue. - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The link provided is not a hyperlink.  Entering website into my search bar takes me to a sprint service details page.  Not sure what you need me to do from their.  Please provide a actual hyperlink or detailed instructions on what you need me to do to.

Journeyman

Got mine to work again by reinstalling Google Voice. You don't necessarily need to use it, but something about the integration fixes whatever the issue was.

Master

BrodskyMB, Sorry about that. You can access your Sprint zone for troubleshooting steps. We are currently working on a fix for the SMS issue with the Nexus 5. When you installed Google Voice, what sort of issues did you experience? - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.