cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5: no sms

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5: no sms

I disabled Google voice months ago but if I recall I had voice mail issues where the I did not get notification of a pending message and other issue with multiple notifications.  My SMS has been working without a problem since disabling until recently.  I am using Google hangouts as my SMS and MMS app.  I downloaded the new Google messenger app that did not solve the problem.  I took my phone to a Sprint repair center on 12/14 and the on-site tech troubleshot my phone with a Sprint tech over the phone for an hour.  They updated the profile, PRL and some other things.  That did not solve the problem.  I download Android 5.0.1 today that also did not solve the problem.  Please provide and update on the SMS fix you are working on and ETA on implementation.

Journeyman

Had the exact same issues and tried all the same fixes. Sprint isn't going to be able to help you. I reinstalled Voice and that fixed it. Not sure why, but it did. I'd also highly recommend using Google Messenger over Hangouts for texts.

Journeyman

Quick update, re installed Google voice.  My SMS is working but when I send a text message via hangouts I get two lines in my conversation screen.  Line one text is via SMS line two which is exactly the same message as line one says via Google voice.  I only need one line showing my conversation.  I opted to make hangouts do all conversation and avoid voice all together.  This is on of the issues I had last time which is why I uninstalled google voice.

Journeyman

Glad you at least got your texts back at least. Strange about Voice. I don't really use Voice, just have it installed because it allows me to text via email easier through gmail. I would try using Messenger as your default SMS app and see if that helps.

Journeyman

Me too, downloaded messenger and if I open messenger app the same exact SMS conversation is showing up in voice app too. Would you mind checking to see see your seeing the same thing. If not it must be a setting issue on my end

Master

notapunk75 - I completely understand the inconvenience you have faced. Have you tried troubleshooting the device already?
- Charles
Sprint Social Care
Master

notapunk75 - I completely understand the inconvenience you have faced. Have you tried troubleshooting the device already?
- Charles
Sprint Social Care
Master

BrodskyMB,

Have you tried hard resetting the device?

Tanisha

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Just an observation...why does Sprint not respond with logical answers to questions. There seems to be a simple solution to a problem many have had. Google voice is needs to be reinstalled. I discovered I didn't even have the ap on my phone. So for 2 months now I have been dealing with a phone that Sprint is lucky I didn't returned and go get service somewhere else. Suggestion Sprint...If you don't know English or the answer, don't respond with useless information. Only makes you look bad

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.