cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Journeyman

Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Nexus 5 will not allow me to answer a call, nor will it notify me of a call. PRL updated  Profile updated. Problem still exists. Otherwise love the phone.  QUESTION:  Is this a software problem will Google can fix via some future update, or is it a hardware problem and the phone must be replaced? Please get answer from someone other than Clyde (nice guy I'm sure) but an answer like "sounds to me like a software problem...." is not the level of technical support this problem deserves for the Nexus 5 no-answer issue is a problem being reported by many users on other forums as well. Please get info directly from Google re their diagnosis and when they will have a software patch available. Or, if Google says, with certainty, that this is a random, but numerous, hardware problem, I will then know how to proceed: ----just live with the problem of everyone going to voicemail (geez, maybe not a bad decision for me afterall) or go thru the hassle of getting a new phone. (and it is a hassle for me, I live on a remote island and it takes a whole day round trip to get to the Sprint store)

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Factory Reset the phone and see if it works

Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Had that problem once, do a soft reset not hard...just hold the power button till it shuts down, takes about 4-8 seconds

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat