Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Nexus 5 will not allow me to answer a call, nor will it notify me of a call. PRL updated  Profile updated. Problem still exists. Otherwise love the phone.  QUESTION:  Is this a software problem will Google can fix via some future update, or is it a hardware problem and the phone must be replaced? Please get answer from someone other than Clyde (nice guy I'm sure) but an answer like "sounds to me like a software problem...." is not the level of technical support this problem deserves for the Nexus 5 no-answer issue is a problem being reported by many users on other forums as well. Please get info directly from Google re their diagnosis and when they will have a software patch available. Or, if Google says, with certainty, that this is a random, but numerous, hardware problem, I will then know how to proceed: ----just live with the problem of everyone going to voicemail (geez, maybe not a bad decision for me afterall) or go thru the hassle of getting a new phone. (and it is a hassle for me, I live on a remote island and it takes a whole day round trip to get to the Sprint store)

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Factory Reset the phone and see if it works

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5 will not answer call...software or hardware?

Had that problem once, do a soft reset not hard...just hold the power button till it shuts down, takes about 4-8 seconds

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat