cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 won't connect to Airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5 won't connect to Airave

I live in an area of little/no signal of any kind from Sprint. No 3G, no Wimax 4G, No LTE. As a response, Sprint gives me an Airave for free each month. Until now, it hasn't been a problem.

I cannot get the N5 to connect to the Airave. I cannot call Airave support about this because I don't have signal. Went to a Sprint store; no help. Tried doing Sprint Chat but they refer me to phone advanced tech support. Tried to get an MSL code from tech support to activate the 2 new LTE bands (Sprint Spark) as I live in the Chicago area, they refuse to give me one since I'm still under contract on an old Galaxy S3.

Apparently, I'm not able to buy a new phone and get signal.

Anyone get a new N5 to connect to an Airave 2.5?

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Wizard

I'm having the same problem! I tried a data reset and it seemed to help for the time being, but signal keeps dropping and acting like it doesn't want to connect. Have you tried asking for a replacement and even the new version 2.5 Plus?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got my Airave in June. Not sure how to tell if it's Plus or not. Model # on it is C1-600-RT. Haven't requested anything as I cannot make a call from home. No cell signal without Airave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same model and my Nexus 5 will not work when the Airave is on.  When the Airave is off I have to go outside to use the phone.  Does anyone know whats going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also am experiencing issues. My Nexus 5 will not connect to the Airave. This is a big problem because I live in a building with minimal cell service. Sprint, can you help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try to update the PRL. I read that someone talked to Sprint and they pushed and new PRL for N5.

Go to settings/wireless & networks/more/mobile networks/carrier settings

Update PRL.

Reboot.

Now try to dial *99 to connect to Airave. It worked for my N5. Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have to restart your phone when you leave your house now in order to connect to LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I don't. But I live in an area that apparently has not had any of the LTE connectivity issues.

Depending on where I'm located within my house, I've had a few times where the N5 wouldn't connect to the Airave. Seems the range of the Airave with my N5 is not as good as with a Note 2, S3 or Galaxy Victory (all 3 connect fine to Airave no matter location within the house).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I connect to my Airave 2.5 (not the plus).  I get bumped off sometimes like I did on my note 2.  My problem is I cannot send a txt when on the airave.  I can receive them but cannot send them...it just tries and tries.  If I unplug the airave the phone grabs onto the very very low 1x signal and sends it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some apps won't send SMS via anything but mobile. Maybe whatever you're using for SMS is seeing the Airave and a non-cellular signal and won't send. Try a different SMS app to test.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to Settings, More, Mobile networks, Network Mode, and change that from Global, to 3g.  Not sure why but when its on global, my Nexus 5 wont connect to the airave either.  But it wont connect to LTE when you do this.  If you have LTE in your area... that's more of a temporary solution until someone figures something else out.

~Brandon

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think it should ever be on global. Global bands are different than US ones. I have mine on LTE and I can connect to my Airave (after I updated PRL a few days ago).

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat