cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5X Airave problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5X Airave problems

I recently upgraded from a Nexus 5 to a Nexus 5X. I have to use an Airave to get any service at home. With my new phone, I do not not receive any calls or texts at my house when connected to the airave. My signal check pro app shows connected to the Airave 1xRTT, but I can only make a call or send a text message if I go in and out of airplane mode. After about 5 minutes it goes back to not working.

This is very frustrating, and basically means I will miss all inbound calls. Any tips?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Nexus 5X Airave problems

switch the phone to CDMA only for a bit and see if that helps. if it does then switch to CDMA/LTE and not automatic..test that..i have heard of strange issues here and there with tri band devices and airaves before but its a bit hit and miss.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried that and other suggestions I found and nothing really works. This is strange since my Nexus 5, also tri-band, worked fine.  I think it has something to do with the Nexus 5X going to sleep to save battery.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually i know someone else with the 5X that might know. he might have some ideas of what youre running into.

MROGRS

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat