cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5X Sim Card Not Working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Nexus 5X Sim Card Not Working

<edit - Created a new thread since I didn't mark the last one as a question, if it actually matters>

I received our sim cards yesterday for my wife and I's phones.  I'm at work right now, so I can't check the SKU number, but I double checked the UPC from the shipping receipt and it matches the one on the 5X/6P community page.

When we insert the card and reboot the phone it comes up initially detecting the Sprint network and then goes into the configuration mode.  When the configuration notification disappears our phones go back into the "No Sim Card Detected" state.

Is this happening for anyone else?  Am I missing a step?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Nexus 5X Sim Card Not Working

Have you added the MEID to your Sprint account via activation page yet?

Journeyman

No, I hadn't tried to do anything else yet since I wasn't sure if the SIM card worked or not.  If I activate it the message will go away?

GrandMaster

technically the phone isnt in their system as of yet even though it has the sim card in it. its still in limbo

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks guys.  I got it sorted out.  This was the first phone I've had with a sim card, so I wasn't sure how the process worked.

GrandMaster

no worries. was that the issue? needed to be put into Sprints system?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

What was your issue?  How did you get it sorted out?

Journeyman

Sorry, forgot to update this.

It was REALLY stupid.  I accidentally got my wife and I's sim cards swapped.  5 minutes with an in store tech and we had it sorted out.  I felt really dumb.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat