cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5x

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5x

I'm very utterly upset with sprint. I went in to hook up my nexus 5x today after work, the guy hadid no idea what Sim card needed to go in there called corporate. They had no idea either. Finally after him sitting on the phone with corporate for at least 30 mins they got the Sim. Said they could not rush it? I call bull cap on that. So looks like in stuck with no. For for 3-5 days because sprint doesn't have their act together, or know a phone.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Nexus 5x

Just point them to our page and there should be no issue.  We have a section on how to get a SIM with the SKU and UPC Retail will need to give you.  We also have a number for order support who can also provide a SIM.

Thanks for your patience while we work through some of the awareness challenges around the new Nexus devices.

Nexus 5x and 6p

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would think someone who specifically goes to google and buys a Nexus 5x would know what sim-card is required.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Unfortunately it's not that simple which is why we spell it out on our Nexus page.  There is a specific SKU and UPC code for the required SIM and Google does not publish that on their site for Sprint customers which is why we are trying to be proactive in the Community for Nexus folks.  Hopefully it helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the Sim card sprint was sending out they sent me the wrong one again. So now I'm waiting even longer to get a different sim. I will be out a phone for even longer. This is getting really ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Were you able to get your SIM card? I have had my phone for almost 2 weeks and am waiting for the 4th SIM card from Sprint to show up to see if they got the correct one this time. I tried all the local Sprint stores and repair centers and none of them have the correct SIM card.

Ridiculous does not even begin to describe trying to get this phone working on the Sprint network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought the Nexus5x in Austin and the Sprint stores didn't have it, so I was referred to Best Buy. Best Buy barely knew which one to use, but I finally got it to work with the following SIM part #: SIMGLW446C. They had STACKS of SIM cards and I tried multiple but that is the only one that worked.

Best Buy doesn't use the same SKUs, but the product code is SIMLTGSM4FF, and the part description is SPRINT HTC M9/MOTO X PURE SIM.

I absolutely recommend using the automated service to activate too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So which is the correct product code for the Nexus 5x?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has literally sent me three SIMS and none of them work.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

• The SIM SKU you will need is CZ2144LWC. The UPC code for that SKU is 019962040146 and may be needed if you are working with someone in Retail or Care. The description is "Worldwide LTE-GSM Remov 4FF CSIM".
  • Retail stores should carry the required SIM. Alternatively you can call order support at 866-789-8292 to order the SIM. If you receive any pushback please escalate to a manager and insist Sprint can activate Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p or point them to this page.

was that the SKU number they ordered for you?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have that part number 019962040146 in my Nexus 5x right now and Sprint Support can't get it work work.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

bunk sim maybe? not exactly unheard of..were all the sim cards they sent you the same number?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat